PDA

View Full Version : Weird eye movements

elodrumm
30-05-16, 12:05
Hi everyone
Just wondering does anyone get weird eye movements? I'll try and explain, sometimes when I look at an object is seems to shift a little in my vision or when I'm in a supermarket the aisles seem to blur slightly , kind of like my vision is a bit jumpy/trembling but nothing is spinning or anything like that. I also get it if I wake suddenly in the middle of the night. Does this sound like anxiety? Or an eye problem? I had my eyes checked quite recently & they were fine. If anyone has this please let me know I'm not mad! I'm doing my best not to Google:)
Thanks x

DrG00GLE
30-05-16, 13:36
Sometimes I'll be at school and everything gets all blurry. Happens all the time it almost seems normal XD. Also, if I stare at an object, it seems to move because of my afterimages (so annoying) Could be a lot of things, you can get an exam for it if you want. However I believe you're probably just tired, but that's me. When I wake up at night, I see a bunch of dots flying around and stuff it's actually pretty cool. Your eyes do weird things with anxiety I guess :)

claireypoo
31-05-16, 10:30
Yes! I have lots of trouble with that - especially my phone screen or LED screens. Either pictures on my phone will "twitch" as I move my eyes over them or sometimes the whole image will move rapidly slightly to one side then back again. It's really weird. Do you use your phone a lot? Mine only happens with LED screens but patterns IRL sometimes go funny too.

I'm so anxious over my eyes and vision. It's really getting me down.

X

---------- Post added at 10:30 ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 ----------

P S My vision also seems to vibrate too, especially Venetian blinds or decking grooves or stripey patterns X

elodrumm
31-05-16, 18:13
Thank you both for your replies! Claire I get that too when I look at stripes and blinds. I've no idea what it is! My eyes are always fine when I get tested but I have so many weird symptoms! Floaters were actually what started off my health anxiety, probably about 10 years ago now! X

Mojo61
31-05-16, 18:55
It is anxiety. When you are in a highly anxious state your eyesight becomes super acute and peripheral vision blurs so that you can concentrate on what's immediately in front of you (lion, bear, wild caveman wielding club etc)

claireypoo
31-05-16, 20:36
My optician says anxiety makes us notice things we wouldn't normally see and by focusing on it as something to fear we 'train' our eyes to see more and more stuff our brains usually tune out :)

Trying to not let it bother me - so hard though! X