PDA

View Full Version : Are these panic attacks??

anxietyoverload
30-05-16, 15:54
For all the anxiety I have I don't rally suffer from attacks! However, recently I have had a huge bout of anxiety. The first in quite a while!! I've noticed that almost every day I Come over very lightheaded sometime it feels like my head is vibrating! Occasionally my breathing feels shallow and it's like I'm detached! But as soon as it came it goes! I don't get the feeling that I'm going to die or anything like that?

I'd really appreciate some advice xx

ana
30-05-16, 16:14
The shortness of breath and the feeling of being detached (depersonalisation) are common symptoms of a panic attack. However, the light-headedness can just be caused by a drop in blood sugar levels and/or low blood pressure, so it could be unrelated to your anxiety. It sounds to me like these feeling, if they're not accompanied by dread and feelings of fear and terror, are not full blown panic attacks... you lucky thing! ;)

Smelltheroses
06-06-16, 08:15
I experience this as well with my panic attacks, but I read somewhere that with a panic attack you have a feeling of 'fight or flight', where your body either prepares to fight some kind of threat or run away. I often feel like running away :/ So if you don't feel that sort of feeling then maybe like Ana said above it could be a drop in blood sugar. I get that and I often confuse the two. BUT that being said, I am not an expert and I'm looking for answers on this subject too. Perhaps everyone is different. Anyway, hope you are feeling much better :)