PDA

View Full Version : Day 7 on cit advise please

Andy1718
30-05-16, 16:00
Hi guys
Day 7 on cit. and it's floored me. Felt really good yesterday almost back to normal, eating, energy and active. Today I have been floored. Tired, lethargic, very anxious with tingling arms. Can't keep my body settled. I guess this is a bad day. Really thinking about work and going back as a lecturer. When do I do this? Will I ever go back? Have no energy to do it at the moment as it's such a demanding job. Makes me feel sick even thinking about work. Back to GP on Friday. Should I be feeling anything? People say they know when the cit is working.

23fish
30-05-16, 16:06
You need to give it at least a couple of weeks before you notice a difference, and then it may only be small to begin with. Keep going x

Mojo61
30-05-16, 16:08
That's how it goes I'm afraid Andy. You will be up and down more times than Tower Bridge to start with, these are all normal start up effects and should start easing off after a couple of weeks. I found my side effects were worse in the second week but then stated tailing off after that. Can't you get some diazepam from your doctor to help you through the side effects?

mark84
30-05-16, 16:10
Citalopram sadly doesn't work straight away, 6-8 weeks if the dosage is right (usually 20 or 30mg), this first 2 weeks or so aren't the most pleasant, usually this is the time for side effects, some of which you will experience and it sounds like tingling arms and anxiety are what you will get for another week yet.
Hang on in there, give it another month and see how you're feeling. Be patient. Citalopram has helped turn my life around, I hadn't had a relationship in over a decade, which I now have a fantastic partner, and i'm doing things I've never done before in my adult life after being anxious from the age of 16 or 17. Give it time.

pollynewsome
30-05-16, 16:11
Hi, Im now 7 week on cit 20mg and i am only now really starting to notice some change! Loads better than i was but still not right. I certainly felt no better till at least 3 weeks.. in fact the first two week i felt dreadful and almost packed it in but having read the citolapram surival guide i realised what i was feeling was all normal.. as awful as it was. Keep strong:)

Mojo61
30-05-16, 16:23
Hi, Im now 7 week on cit 20mg and i am only now really starting to notice some change! Loads better than i was but still not right. I certainly felt no better till at least 3 weeks.. in fact the first two week i felt dreadful and almost packed it in but having read the citolapram surival guide i realised what i was feeling was all normal.. as awful as it was. Keep strong:)

Same here Polly - I will be 8 weeks in on 2nd June but I'm only on 10mg.

Each and every one of us were climbing the walls about 1-2 weeks in, you have to persevere as horrible as it is, but it DOES get better - you just have to have strength and faith.

Keep going Andy, you are doing brilliantly! :yesyes: