PDA

View Full Version : 3 days of panic attacks!!!

Petesy
30-05-16, 21:15
Hi everyone

Has anyone ever had a panic attacks 3 days straight, like you don't even get the chance to relax then another hits you then another leaving you drained to the point your eyes are bloodshot red and even though your body is so exhausted from it all the panic attack continues inside your head waiting for the body too get it rejuvenation for another attack!!??

Because this has been going on for 3 days straight and before hand I've been cycling, eating healthy, quitting smoking etc..so doing all the right things but now i ain't left the house in 3 days missed my no smoking class the nurse that runs it knows about my anxiety so she's been great in that sense of understanding..

Just housebound atm and all over the place agitated has anyone else experienced this..??

Thanks

Petesy.

---------- Post added at 21:15 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Anyone??

Beckybecks
30-05-16, 21:23
Do you have any medication you could take just to get you out of this loop?
Have you thought about what could've triggered the panic initially?
I've had panic attacks almost back to back in the past. The fear of having an attack just brought on another one. It was through research and experience that I learnt about the condition and with the knowledge I gained control.
Try to find somehing to occupy your mind, do some exercise and find some people to talk to, not about your condition but about something completely unrelated.
I hope this is of some help and that you soon recover.

Petesy
30-05-16, 21:55
Thanks for kind reply Becks

I have diazepam but been trying too calm down without it could be time too take one...what triggered it was weakness and numbness on my left hand side and from then on its spiralled into pain between shoulder blades too different triggers..which i know are more than likely because of anxiety and aftermath of sheer panic attacks..the thing is Becks I've read books, relaxation music, done research myself and that's probably what's doing my head in the most why i can't grasp a hold of it..

I'll need too try what you've said talk to someone but not about anxiety, exercise.. Or even try an evening stroll..

Thank you Becky

Petesy.

ankietyjoe
30-05-16, 21:59
I have experienced that before, and I agree that it can be a self perpetuating cycle. The panic brings on more panic etc.

The thing to keep telling yourself is that it will pass, it always does.

When I have my worst attacks (usually brought on by stress related adrenaline spikes) I always lay down and tell myself 'this will pass' over and over again. It doesn't really matter if it takes an hour or a week to pass, it will pass.

I don't know if you've tried it before, but meditation helped me a great deal. It's tricky to do and requires practice, but it's hugely beneficial.

I hope you come out of the cycle soon buddy :)

Petesy
31-05-16, 08:26
Thanks Joe

Yeah it ain't nice at all, just as you've said even though the mind knows this the fear of having another one when already over sensitised body and mind the slightest little thing or new symptoms is enough to set it off,...

Yeah I've been trying something similar Joe: been lying down saying "I'm a wellbeing person just breathe it'll be ok" but I'm open to suggestions so I'll mix it up a bit with your's also,

I also like meditation and self Hypnosis got a lot from YouTube i like this one..https://youtu.be/1vx8iUvfyCY from Michael Sealy his vids are great but also relaxation without any words is also great...only thing is when I'm agitated too the max i find it harder to concentrate so I'll wait until I'm more relaxed and give it a proper go..

Thanks again for the kind reply Joe.

Petesy.

Petesy
01-06-16, 10:21
Hi guys

Quick Update: I've been booked in for hypnotherapy with one of the best hypnotherapists in my city..i've never been hypnotised and don't know what to expect obv..

Has anyone here had hypnotherapy??

And if so what was your take on it??

Thanks

Petesy.

ankietyjoe
01-06-16, 11:34
It's very similar to the guided meditation you linked to (I've come across that guy too and I like his style).

You're not 'put under' and you don't lose control of your mental faculties!

It's very much about putting you into a relaxed state where your subconscious mind is opened up to suggestion.

It's worth noting that you're in complete control of whether you actually accept those suggestions or not. The TV programs where people think they are chickens is just BS :doh: