PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety stopping me from doing things

elik
30-05-16, 19:37
Right now is where all I want to do is cry and curl into a ball. I feel sooooo defeated. My intrusive thoughts are soul destroying and I can't catch a break from them. It's terrifying. I know this has heightened because I'm going away in two weeks for voluntary work abroad and there are so many uncertainties and fears bouncing around that I'm freaking out. I hate this so much, I feel so out of control of my mind and it spirals. I'm taking myself out of my comfort zone but I just don't know how I'm going to do it. I'm thinking the worst so I'm actually not communicating to others about this trip at all because I feel immense pressure.... Anxiety through the roof.

HalfJack
30-05-16, 20:22
Sorry to hear that elik.
Volunteering abroad is also something I really want to do but I'm scared to do it alone.
What would make it easier for you?

elik
30-05-16, 20:55
Hi,

It's only for two weeks but I can't seem to focus on my purpose there or how amazing the opportunity is. All I think about is worst case scenarios and accomplishing each day like a struggle. I wish I could be more certain and trusting of my mind to be honest.

I hope you venture out soon

HalfJack
30-05-16, 21:05

Maybe you can be, but take it one step at a time. If you think talking to someone will help maybe work your way up to doing that?
It can be hard to get it out but dealing with it alone can make it worse.

Be positive
30-05-16, 21:57
Hi Elik
You will do wonderful on your voluntary work it takes a special person to go on
And you must remember being anxious is so natural everyone feels fear and the best thing about it is you can put your arms up in the air and say I DONE IT , how special are you good luck on your trip :yesyes:

DoodleDoo
31-05-16, 23:52
This may or may not help you. I work from home. My anxiety / panic attacks happen at home. And also in Supermarkets because I had a blackout/fit in a supermarket and woke up in hospital - this was 10 years ago and I'm still not over it. Going to Lidl or Sainsburys almost kills me even now. But if I go to different locations - a pub - a mates house - I'm perfectly fine. It's the Place that does it. Go somewhere different and see what happens.