PDA

View Full Version : citalopram 20mg and feeling abit flat again

Beckie4567
30-05-16, 20:11
Hi I started on 10mg which I've been on since February after few weeks I really felt a difference from nothing to 10.now I've been on 20 mg for bout 5 weeks and feel rather flat .i don't feel like its helping anymore .i felt great going from nothing to 10 now on 20 I don't feel anything has anyone had this before ?

Elen
30-05-16, 20:23
Ups and downs are normal and its hard to guess what will happen.

Its possible that your mood will lift again.

There is scope for increase up to 40mg so that option is always open.

On a positive note from your posts on the forum there would appear to be a great change overall in your mood and that has to be a positive.

pollynewsome
30-05-16, 22:09
Oh Beckie i am just the same. I started on10mg and felt quite good to start and then went up to 20mg after 4 week. I am now 7 week at 20mg and still having really flat days but i am better than i was so i guess i will hold out for the 12 week mark and then see how i feel. The anxiety is much better but motivation is nill:( x

swgrl09
30-05-16, 23:54
I'm on my max dose of escitalopram and feel flat here and there. Those are the days where I put my strengths to the test and focus on what helps me that I can change - i.e. do some yoga, go for a walk, push myself to get out there when I don't feel like it, watch what I eat/take care of myself. Sometimes that can help me get out of a funk.

pollynewsome
31-05-16, 08:28
That sounds like a plan swgr109. When I feel no motivation I literally do nothing. I will now push myself and make myself do something. Sure it must help. X

Beckie4567
31-05-16, 08:36
Thankyou guys for your comments I guess I felt so good going from nothing to 10 that going to 20 hasn't made much difference I don't really want to go to 30 if I can �� but that may be an option.just feel so flat and tired most days now guess ill stick with it I'm def better Tha I was anxiety wise just my moods bit low

Beckie4567
01-06-16, 00:52
Anyone else ��

Victory2016
01-06-16, 01:30
Hi Beckie I am going into week 8 and I am feeling a bit flat, plus I am due for my cycle to start any day as I am sure that is not helping, I think this is normal and will pass. I am hoping by around 12 weeks things are really going to turn around. It just takes a while for things to stabilize and get working. You are early days on the 20mg still, so I would not worry.

Also I would wait awhile before you think about jumping up to 30mg. I think people tend to increase doses to fast and don't give them time to work.

danithegirl
01-06-16, 16:28
Also flat. I had a whole bunch of birthdays in May, so I had things to look forward to, but now that they're all over, I'm back to feeling pretty blah. I'm working up the nerve to call the therapy place I got a referral to, so hopefully that'll help.

pollynewsome
02-06-16, 20:50
Totally flat.. week 8 at 20mg and my motivation gone and feel low! Anxiety at a all time low though so thats a plus but no get up and go its gone:(

Beckie4567
03-06-16, 09:22
My anxiety is def better but my mood is low �� I feel snappy aswell I don't no what's going on I also feel my concentration is worse going bk to docs to discuss I've been on 20 now for 5 weeks surely they wud kick in by now ??

Beckie4567
08-06-16, 07:33
Thinking of upping to 30mg ��

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-16, 12:43
They've definitely kicked in for you, Beckie, here you are posting the odd time to talk about your anxiety in a very rational & practical way. That's a massive difference to the person in a massive spiral posting for endless reassurance, always doubting herself & catastrophizing that we were seeing not long ago.

I found it took months to see improvement at all but after it started it kept growing. This is why they recommend people stay on them for a certain number of months to let them keep working.

It's not all about Serotonin levels, that negative thinking style takes time to change.

Concentration problems are common with anxiety and even with meds. There are ways to work on this e.g. exercise, meditation, etc. It may just be a transient thing.

Keep going, you are doing well!

Beckie4567
08-06-16, 19:45
Thankyou Terri ��

Elen
08-06-16, 19:56
Couldn't agree more with what Terry has said.

I am so pleased that things are on the up for you Beckie.

Beckie4567
08-06-16, 23:00
Thankyou elen I def feel less anxious thanks to the meds but my mood is very flat and down I just hoped the increase to 20mg wud help this but it hasn't its made it worse so don't no where to go from here going bk to docs in couple of weeks to discuss ��

Beckie4567
13-06-16, 00:22

Debs21uk
13-06-16, 17:12
Hi,

I am at week 6 and I'm still teary and a bit flat too but although I'm not where I want to be if I look at the positives I've made small positive steps. I went from hiding myself away to seeing my friends again, popping out to the shops, doing exercise, doing mindfulness. Fair enough some of it is still in the house but I am at least engaging a bit more. I lost a lot of weight and wasn't eating but I'm starting to enjoy food again. It's not easy but push yourself a little bit, it really helps distracting yourself even if it's no fun to begin with x

Beckie4567
06-07-16, 20:15
I've noticed I cant stop eating lately ��