PDA

View Full Version : Swollen ankles and feet side effect

smartie76
31-05-16, 11:25
Ive been on Mitrapzine for 8 weeks, and was recently titrated up to 45mg. Since the increase dose I have suffered with swelling of ankles and feet. My feet also get hotter quickly, (I have always had cold feet). I have read this can be a side effect in the patient information leaflet, but just wonder if anyone else has had this, and if so, any tips to help? By the end of each day I look as if I have badly strained ankles and puffy feet!!
Apart from this, I have no other side effects at all, so this is really annoying. I dont want to have to come off them, so really would like to know how "common" a side effect this is?

hanshan
01-06-16, 07:49
H Smartie,

The side-effects lists rate peripheral edema with mirtazapine as relatively uncommon, but I suspect it may be more common than that. I have had it, and it does increase through the day. It doesn't seem to be so much of a problem at the moment, but I can't say exactly what the difference is, except I am not so much on my feet (I have an Achilles tendon tear - but that's another story(!).

MyNameIsTerry
01-06-16, 07:51
Perhaps a GP can prescribe something for that, hanshan? Like a water tablet they use for patients on blood pressure meds?

hanshan
01-06-16, 14:08
Hello Terry,

It's not something I can say - definitely worth talking to a GP about.

drivememad
11-06-16, 12:40
Since the weather has got hotter I have noticed feet swelling, been on 15mg of mirt since Nov, it says on my leaflet swelling of feet an ankles is common.

I am also hormonal and overweight don't think that helps either? feet are always slim when I wake up.