PDA

View Full Version : ARRGGHHHHHH Its back again..

Dan21
14-03-07, 08:33
Hi.

Further to the message I posted earlier this week about my accident at the weekend, my health anxiety has returned with a vengence.

After banging my head in the crash, I (predictably) felt rough and to be honest, although I dont feel as bad as I did on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, I still feel a bit under the weather (shakey, a little dizzy and a bit sick when I first wake up).

I was checked out by the ambulance paramedics at the scene, had advice given from Primary Care and even went to A & E on Monday where I was told to go home and take paracetamol if my headaches got any worse, but if they got REAL worse to go back. Well, none of the symptoms have got any worse, they just seem to be lingering.

But, I have to say that I'm absolutely bricking myself incase they medics/doctors have missed something and I keel over with a fractured skull or some kind of trauma to my brain. I'm really scared. But then, I'm wondering if this relapse of HA could be contributing to the shakiness, dizziness and the feeling sick?????

My wife has said that she thinks I'm looking and sounding so much better, but I feel like I'm walking a tightrope and my symptoms could be a result of the head bump (which I'm hoping is settling down now) but being made worse by the fact that I'm worried sick by the HA.

Any words of reassurance would be gratefully received. Thanks

Dan

Dan21
14-03-07, 18:07
Anyone??

nell1965
14-03-07, 18:16
Hi Dan
no no no no no!!!!! they have not missed anything, you are just letting your anxiety run away with your self,and can i say, just for the record..not that i think they have missed a skull fracture. I have seen many patient who has come through a & e doors and they have a skull x ray why reveals an old healed skull fracture and they dont even remember when it happened, so that is nothig to worry about, if it was a complicated or serious fracture they would not be able to miss it as it would be so obvious, they are only ever missed if a head injury wasnt reported. You do not (i would bet my months wages on it) have a serious skull fracture. Please get your pole backup and reposition yourself more securely back on that tightrope....
remember the anxiety, symptoms, anxiety cycle...BREAK IT NOW

libbie
17-03-07, 11:17
hi dan.

i too was in a car crash on the 20.01.07. my headache is still there. when it first happened i was fine, shaken, upset etc, but phyiscally ok. two days later the headache started. in the back of my head, went to the doctor with this, as i was quite worried about it. the doctor said this is a sign of whiplash. it could take months to get better, but it will get better. after speaking to several people who have suffered from whiplash, they have said the same, they described the pain, exactly like i have it. maybe this is worth checking out for you. The dizziness and feeling sick are signs of health anxiety, not your accident. i have them too, even before the accident, but they do go, honestly.

take care dan
love libbie x