PDA

View Full Version : Having a blood test to check for diabetes next Tuesday. Scared!

little.miss.worry
31-05-16, 17:50
Okay, so if anyone saw my last post I've been terrified that I have diabetes. I went to the doctors today and the nurse put me in for a blood test for a week today. She said it's more accurate than just the finger test so she didn't do one of them.

I feel like, a week away is a life time away. I'm just so anxious and frightened and I don't want to get worse basically. I feel so tired and exhausted constantly. I've had 12 hours sleep and feel like i could do with another 12. It's so draining.

Part of me thinks, stop being so silly. It's just anxiety but the other part of me is like no. It's definitely diabetes. The thought is so scary. I'm just hoping Tuesday will come around quickly :(

Fishmanpa
31-05-16, 19:07
But isn't that just the way HA works? You have a fear, seek reassurance, that doesn't really work so you go to the doctor to get more reassurance, they do exactly what you want and your anxiety goes bonkers until you get the all clear.

Positive thoughts

I know, I know... What if? It's very treatable ;)

little.miss.worry
31-05-16, 20:14
But isn't that just the way HA works? You have a fear, seek reassurance, that doesn't really work so you go to the doctor to get more reassurance, they do exactly what you want and your anxiety goes bonkers until you get the all clear.

Positive thoughts

I know, I know... What if? It's very treatable ;)

Yeah, it's exactly how it works unfortunately! I just have to try and stay calm from now until then. Even if it is a lil difficult I'm sure I'll get through it one way or another! :)