PDA

View Full Version : Light trails of car headlights and sun's reflection

Jordan85
31-05-16, 19:43
Hey there,

Back again. I can't seem to shake the HA about my vision. Recently I've started to notice a slight after trail of headlights that I'm not focusing on. Eg I'll look beside a turning car and notice its rear break lights making the slightest trail or light - but it doesn't happen if I focus on the light itself if that makes sense?

I'm wondering if this is either a serious symptom of something or if it's HA, or if it's my mild astigmatism?

Thanks in advance.

claireypoo
31-05-16, 20:31
Hi - I have this too - especially from LED lights. I think some people are more susceptible to the flicker rate. My HA has really focused on my vision this time and it's hard to shake off!

Good luck with yours :)

Hck80
31-05-16, 20:34
No words of wisdom but I get this too

Jordan85
31-05-16, 20:39
Thanks Claire!

It's definitely hard to shake off because we can't exactly close our eyes all day! I definitely notice it more with LED lights, do you get it with sun reflections on cars too?

I also get a weird thing when I look directly into car headlights that the light looks sort of strange, almost like it's sat on front of the car and wobbling a bit as I move.

Maybe I've just turned into a madman staring into lights all day :shrug:

---------- Post added at 20:39 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

No words of wisdom but I get this too

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one - it's been hard trying to find some info on this online (not that Googling is helping things anyway).

claireypoo
31-05-16, 20:40
I know what you mean! Yes sun reflection really bothers me, I get masses of after images and they make it hard to see.

Ugh soooo annoying! X

Nicholebear
31-05-16, 20:41
I get this too from the LED lights on the dashboard of the inside of cars. Like the radio and temp controls. If my eyes pass over them I get trails.

Jordan85
31-05-16, 20:54
Ah! I feel so relieved to hear I'm not alone :) have you folks mentioned it to opticians or doctors? Or is it nothing to worry about?

claireypoo
01-06-16, 14:06
I've mentioned it often. I'm told it's probably stress and hyper vigilance X

Nicoline1990
01-06-16, 15:26
Had it all My life! Still have it ;-), My partner also has it but he doesnt have any anxiety disorder or what so ever! Youre fine!

greenlady
02-06-16, 08:50
I have this too. Been really sunny lately and I find I get s lot of after images and like spots and squiggles when I blink after being in the sun. Just had an eye check from optician and he said I had extremely dry eyes which produced low quality tears .
Thanks
Gina x

Simone01
12-02-18, 11:08
I have also been experiencing this and we have LED lights in my office and this doesn’t help. I’ve see opticians they can’t find anything wrong and doctor is convinced it’s HA off back to the doctor today as just keep focusing on it and it’s driving me insane!!!!! I’m making myself miserable!!!! Had eye problems for over two years now and seem to be getting worse with stressing too!

cattia
12-02-18, 15:08
LED lights have always been an issue for me and getting worse as I get older. I'm actually really relieved reading this thread as even my optician doesn't know what I'm on about! I get the visual trails from car headlights and also some shops the flicker from the lighting really brothers me whereas everyone else is happily shopping and clearly oblivious to it! I do have astigmatism and a lazy eye.

Fishmanpa
12-02-18, 15:19
Just a few thoughts on trails and visual anomalies.

I was a partier in my youth and did LSD and Mushrooms quite a bit. Talk about trails and visual anomalies! :wacko: The drug just enhanced what was already there.

That's the point. We ALL have them. Our bodies are pretty noisy but our minds have just tuned them out. If I purposely focus on it, I can wave my hand across my field of vision and see trails. If I focus on it, I can hear my heartbeat. If I focus on it, I can hear a bit of tinnitus in my right ear.

IMO, you're just hyper focused. Even though you say you're not, you are. It goes back to my campfire analogy. Most people experience these things and not even give it a second thought. A person with HA will see it and start checking everything, focusing on the anomaly and attributing something sinister to it.

Positive thoughts

tn13
14-02-18, 03:41
I have this really bad. I have corneal transplants so I have a very strong astigmatism. It freaked me out when I first became aware of it in my early teens (when I started thinking about driving) but I know it's okay and I've learned to ignore it.

Everyone experiences this a little bit but most people just never notice. It's anxiety hyper-vigilance as others have said.

Do you have astigmatism or wear glasses? This may just be because of the shape of your cornea. Not harmful at all.

cattia
14-02-18, 12:01
Does anyone else find they notice the flicker of LED or fluorescent lighting? It really brothers me and nobody else seems to notice it, I worry that something is wrong with the visual processing part of my brain.

jojo0328
14-02-18, 14:13
Can I be honest with you all?

I dont have HA, I just came here because of a worry I had, but have stayed since, browsing the threads because I find your posts fascinating. I hope you all don't mind me chimeing in.

This happens to me all the time. I always just assumed that when youre eyes see darkness and then color, your brain takes a second to recognize things and thats why you get the trails of light.

As for the LED/fluorescent lighting, yes, that also happens to me. Usually the room is dark then a bright light turns on... its the same as a flash on a camera. These things are all so normal, there is really no reason to worry. Some people are just more sensitive to light than others. I hope this may put your fears to rest that someone without HA also has similar happenings.

Simone01
15-02-18, 03:22
I have this too!!!!!! LED lights are the worst! Other lights aren’t so much of a problem I also find my phone light the same! Getting new glasses with yellow tint for night driving and blue protect for office work. Been on a computer working and play for years now! No doubt it’s RSI from that!!!!! Bring back the old days!!!!!

cattia
15-02-18, 07:34
I never used to be able to see the flicker from lights but now I can. Also certain patterns hurt my eyes. It really bothers me because I use it as evidence to support my brain tumour theory. I always get the all clear at the optician although I do wear contact lenses. Eyesight is sp subjective, you just can't stop thinking about it once you start.

Colicab85
15-02-18, 08:42
Just to echo Fishmans point.

We ALL have this, everyone in the world gets this. You're just making an effort to look at it.