PDA

View Full Version : Tender area/ breast

countrygirl
31-05-16, 20:56
I wore a new bra yesterday that felt very tight around my ribs and chest and took it off as soon as I got home.

Today I was carrying something when it touched my right breast and I jumped as I have a very tender area at front of breast, I really thought I must have a big bruise but nothing there other than some very very faint dots in a line around same area. I noticed the pain again when I bent over and my breast got pushed up.

I am sure I have had this sort of thing in the past but of course I am on the edge of panic as my mother died of breast cancer.

Ladies have you ever had this happen to you?

I have had a good feel and can't feel anything and know pain is not often a sign. I am trying not to keep poking area because that won't help it get better.

Nicholebear
31-05-16, 21:56
Sounds like you need a better bra.

I know you can go to certain stores and they will measure you and get your correct size, there's also options for bras that have no underwire that are very comfortable yet still supportive.

countrygirl
31-05-16, 22:02
I will give it 48 hrs to get better and then if not will be knocking at my Gp's door!
Needless to say that bra is being thrown away.

lily1
31-05-16, 23:04
I get tender areas before my period. I have cysts and hormones can cause tenderness.

countrygirl
01-06-16, 13:40
It changed boobs overnight so it must be from the bra putting my big boobs in different position, I also have aching around front of my shoulder socket.

I have had this before with a change of bra but not for a long time. I assume my big boobs being in a different position puts strain on chest wall and breast supporting tissue causing the pain.

MyNameIsTerry
03-06-16, 05:20
Today I was carrying something when it touched my right breast and I jumped as I have a very tender area at front of breast, I really thought I must have a big bruise but nothing there other than some very very faint dots in a line around same area. I noticed the pain again when I bent over and my breast got pushed up.

Well I'm not a woman but I am developing breasts these days so may need a bra at some point...:blush:

What I do know is that something tight that digs into somewhere fleshy can cause some damage. That isn't damage in the sense of anything to worry about, it's just something that your body will spot and repair on it's own, just as it would a bruise or cut.

In my weight lifting days I would get the same from belts or other equipment (like those bicep curler harnesses). A bruise isn't necessary if it has just gone a bit deeper, I've had many in my life.

I'm sure you will be fine, it's just been a trigger because it's close to an issue you worry about anyway.

dale12345
03-06-16, 06:41
Same thing happened to me. Had mammogram it was just pain from hormones. Very common.