PDA

View Full Version : Lump on gum.

Danie57
01-06-16, 09:07
Hi there. If posted on here a few times regarding other things. I've noticed a bump on my upper lip its whiteish in colour and its Ben there as far as I know for about 6/8 weeks maybe. I'm worried about oral cancer as ive been getting more ulcers recently ( 1 at a time and clearing in a week) I've attached a picture to see what you think. I can't feel the lump it feels normal I can only see it. I also have a few on my lower lip. Well quite a lot. It's a very bumpy lower lip. Thanks.

Jamesk
01-06-16, 09:21
I honestly can't see anything in the picture. I know however from personal experience that if you can "see" something no amount of reassurance will help. Go and see your dentist as he will almost certainly set your mind at rest- this is what happened with my "oral cancer" after a month of lying in the dark scaring myself to death! Turned out to be natural changes in the look of my mouth as a result of the aging process! :blush:

Anyway as I say it will almost certainly be fine :yesyes: Even if it is somethign which requires a treatment of the sooner you start getting it sorted the sooner it will be sorted! :hugs:

Danie57
01-06-16, 09:31
Thank you :) it's that little white bump on the left hand side of the pic. Like I say i don't know how long it's been there I started worrying about oral cancer about 8 weeks ago and that's when I noticed it. Or there about. I have been to the dentist but I never showed him this bit. I will try get another appointment.

Jamesk
01-06-16, 09:37
Thank you :) it's that little white bump on the left hand side of the pic. Like I say i don't know how long it's been there I started worrying about oral cancer about 8 weeks ago and that's when I noticed it. Or there about. I have been to the dentist but I never showed him this bit. I will try get another appointment.

If you have seen a dentists since you noticed it I am certain he would have flagged it up if it was an issue - that's his job. But by all means get anotehr appointment and ask him specifically about it - don';t do as I did and waste weeks and weeks lying in the dark worrying needlessly.