PDA

View Full Version : I really am 100% I have a brain tumour

stars22
02-06-16, 13:28
I'm dizzy all the time like litrally I feel I'm walking on a bouncy castle
I have head pains always right sided for months now which is now spreading to my neck is feel unwell asof I have the flu but I don't

ServerError
02-06-16, 14:49
Have you seen a doctor about this?

anxietyoverload
02-06-16, 17:10
Sounds a little like vertigo. Someone in my family has it and they can't walk in a straight line. X

Gotagetthroughthis
02-06-16, 18:30
There are thousands of things that could cause your symptoms, most of them completely harmless. The main thing to cause things like this would be anxiety as you probably know. I have been convinced I've had many serious illnesses as I felt so dizzy and strange all the time but I was wrong and I am fine.

Go and see your doctor just to get checked out and for reassurance but it is extremely unlikely you have a brain tumor. Hope you feel better soon, i'm sure you will. :)

Fishmanpa
02-06-16, 18:44
There are thousands of things that could cause your symptoms, most of them completely harmless. The main thing to cause things like this would be anxiety as you probably know....

Go and see your doctor just to get checked out and for reassurance but it is extremely unlikely you have a brain tumor. Hope you feel better soon, i'm sure you will. :)

While I'm not big on a doctor visit for reassurance, in this case I think the OP should go with the caveat that with that visit, a frank discussion about anxiety and getting treatment should take place. Just based on the post history, I don't believe anything sinister is going on but it's apparent the physical effects of her anxiety are greatly hindering her quality of life.

Positive thoughts

Gotagetthroughthis
02-06-16, 18:58
While I'm not big on a doctor visit for reassurance, in this case I think the OP should go with the caveat that with that visit, a frank discussion about anxiety and getting treatment should take place. Just based on the post history, I don't believe anything sinister is going on but it's apparent the physical effects of her anxiety are greatly hindering her quality of life.

Positive thoughts

Nor am I Fishman but sometimes people need it to get them out of the anxiety-symptom cycle as you probably know. I do agree that constant repeated reassurance gets you nowhere in the long run though. In the end you have to face up to the anxiety and the symptoms and go through it however awful and strange you feel. When you accept it for what it is, it will gradually pass.

Been there got the t-shirt. But always a good idea that these people get checked out first and hopefully they can get some understanding of their anxiety and some help from the health service in the process.

stars22
02-06-16, 19:34
I've gone to my doctor he said he can't say it's anxiety he can't say it's not a tumour I'm awaiting a ct scan it could take months I'm so scared the waiting is killing me I can't focus on anything else I've had anxiety all my life I've gone through times where I thought I was "dying" this time it feels different it feels real I've mentioned my symtoms to gynos at hospital while I was there and also two other doctors nobody can answer me I went to opticians they said my eyes are perfect so that's rules out I feel I'm going mad

Elen
02-06-16, 19:36
If you are waiting months for a CT scan then your doctor must be convinced that it is nothing serious.

Do a search on this forum and you will see these symptoms being posted about every week.

Josh1234
02-06-16, 19:54
Then why are you posting on a hypochondria board if you're "100 percent sure" you have a brain tumor?

Beckybecks
02-06-16, 20:04
Does the dizziness come and go or is it there constantly? Does your head ache ease off at any time at all? Or has it increased?
The reason I'm asking is that I've had similar symptoms for the past three months.
The difference is that I've had these symptoms a number of times during the past fifteen years, sometimes worse than others. And they always came during or just after a period of anxiety.
I finally found a Doctor who didn't just write it off as stress and didn't diagnose me with Fibro or CFS or send me for more tests. He explained about the stress hormones and what they do. That's adrenaline and cortisol. They interfere with the immune system, cause inflammation and make you feel generally unwell. As you say, it feels like flu but it isn't.

At the time I was also suspecting a brain tumour. He explained that if it was that, the symptoms would get steadily worse and not come and go. He gave me a lot of vitamins and supplements and six weeks of acupuncture to relax me. And the symptoms left.

I have them now including the flu feeling and sore stiff neck and shoulder. I've been having extreme anxiety lately so I know what it is. But I also know that it will go eventually.

The doctors have to send us for tests because otherwise it looks like they're not doing their job. I'm sure you'll have clear results. If he suspected anything at all he would have had you in the hospital immediately.

Anxiety gives us so many awful symptoms and then that makes us worry more, which increases the symptoms ......and so it goes. Awful!

I hope this eases your worry.

MyNameIsTerry
02-06-16, 22:49
Then why are you posting on a hypochondria board if you're "100 percent sure" you have a brain tumor?

Exactly, so this isn't delusion. It's anxiety.

I think you've been in a spiral for a bit now after commenting on your other thread. You've been looked at by doctors prescribing meds. This doctor seems like he's trying a "reassurance test" and has immediate concerns.

Has the anxiety been discussed with the doctor? I would advocate a talk about threw anxiety but not the subject of this thread, it's another theme.

stars22
03-06-16, 18:02
I'm. Posting on here because I'm still a hypercondria !!
I've been to hospital today my anemia is better and they did a ecg all normal blood test for blood clot came back fine too she did my relexs and that was fine and was sent home but my symtoms are mainly when I'm standing and I don't know whether I now have a phobia of standing up !
I'm so unsure of what is happening to me I feel like I'm 100% I'm dying because I don't understand what is going on !
My heart races I get that nervous feeling in my chest my legs go to jelly so I can't stand for more than 5 minutes even walking does it ...
While I'm sat the dizziness and everything else eases although doesn't completely go away I feel like I have the flu like I'm too weak to move my body is telling me something is wrong but they test me and all looks good so I'm deemed ok .
They have tried to say today it could be because I have three children but I don't see how that can be a problem yes it's stressful buy surely it can't cause all of this I also want to say I'm sure I'm dying as they is no end in sight to me becoming better as I'm only getting worse but they is nothing obvious in blood tests bp ect to suggest I'm actually poorly so doctors keep doing the same tests when they is 1000000 different things it could be xx

Phoebe604
11-06-16, 16:44
I'm dizzy all the time like litrally I feel I'm walking on a bouncy castle
I have head pains always right sided for months now which is now spreading to my neck is feel unwell asof I have the flu but I don't

I have the exact symptoms head pain feel terrible had it for 2 months. Neuro exam normal and eye test doctor not concerned. Still worried about brain tumour. Have severe health anxiety

---------- Post added at 16:44 ---------- Previous post was at 16:41 ----------

Just read on another sight by the time you had head aches with a tumour you would be getting other symptoms. Also a different cor or optician would be able to spot pressure behind your eye