PDA

View Full Version : Day 10 on cit

Andy1718
02-06-16, 14:22
After a poor nights sleep not as good today as yesterday.
Keeping myself busy but not feeling myself. Walking round in a spaced out feeling. No propranolol today though. Still anxious in arms and thoughts but looking forward to feeling better. GP tomorrow. Should I ask to up my dose from 10 to 20mg? Should I go back to work or give it more time? Not sure if I should tell my employer that I am off with stress and anxiety.

Mojo61
02-06-16, 16:48
I would give it more time on 10mg Andy. Today I'm exactly 2 months on 10mg and I feel I'm moving forward, albeit slowly.

Also yes, I would tell your employer about your anxiety and stress. It is against the law for them to discriminate against you because you have mental health issues going on at the moment, and you may find they want to support and help you. I certainly feel you are not ready go go back to work yet - I've been off for over 6 months.

I know you had a good day yesterday and I did warn you about the rocky road to recovery - it is going to be like this for some while so don't be surprised if you feel great again tomorrow because that's what happens. You are doing very well!

pollynewsome
02-06-16, 18:35
I work in a school and i was off for 2 months last year and i told them.. They were so supportive and did a phase back return and a risk assessment for me.. eg.. what kind of things at work were triggering my anxiety etc and was there anything they could do to help. So i would tell them and hope they are as helpful as mine were. x

---------- Post added at 18:35 ---------- Previous post was at 18:34 ----------

also i did 4 week at 10mg before increasing to 20mg.