PDA

View Full Version : Itchy burning red splotches on back neck and shoulders HIV?

Moso13
02-06-16, 19:58
I was sexually assaulted back in febuary; so since then I have been having really bad fears of getting an std from that; especially hiv. It happened beginning of February. I got tested towards the middle of April; it was negative. But they want to test again at the end of August. So I have to wait like 3 more months and I am driving myself crazy. I haven't had any symptoms except for the past 3 weeks right after I shower, I get these itchy burning red splotches on the back of my neck and shoulders. They go away after about 30 minutes as long as I don't itch them. I know rashes are a sign of hiv, but this only happens when I shower. During the assault, there was no penetration, but later that night I thought I felt something wet in my butt(could have been precrum that dripped in..? He said he didn't cum and that he is clean, but people lie and sometimes don't know. Please help I'm so scared

Nicholebear
02-06-16, 20:05
Sounds like you may be allergic to your shampoo? Try switching brands. You also might not be rinsing your hair well enough. Also allergies can pop up at any time, so even though you may be using the same soap for a while, a new allergy can suddenly arise

Moso13
02-06-16, 20:07
Sounds like you may be allergic to your shampoo? Try switching brands. You also might not be rinsing your hair well enough. Also allergies can pop up at any time, so even though you may be using the same soap for a while, a new allergy can suddenly arise
Thanks. I think I'll take a test shower sometime soon so I can see if it is the products or something else, like the water.

countrygirl
02-06-16, 20:18
Have a shower with no products used at all and see what happens. If you still get the rash then have a cool shower as sometimes you can react to hot water alone.
If you don't get a rash with no products then you know for sure you have an allergy to whatever you are using.
I appeciate you will feel anxious while you wait for your next test.

DrG00GLE
02-06-16, 21:22
Holy frigging crap finally someone who relates. Those red spots are so annoying. Definitely nothing bad though, I've tried changing stuff and it doesn't work. I think I'm allergic to the water but I can definitely relate. 13 years old male so I'm pretty positive you're fine happy showering!