PDA

View Full Version : Sore armpit-no lump-male-

UMAC97
02-06-16, 21:36
Recently I have been suffering from a sore arm pit for a while, it started off with suspected glandular fever, that cleared up and my arm pit did get better. 6 weeks on and it has become sore again. However there has never been any lumps. I go to the gym 6 times a week (I train hard), walk 4 miles a day and my day is usually 17 hours long, so when I get the chance I nap. I've been going through a stressful time in my life also. I have seen 2 different GP's and they have said I shouldn't worry about it (the pain then cleared up). I've never liked going to the doctors due to an incident that happened when I was a young child. I'm not better than I was when I was first ill, I was tired and the pain was constant however now the pain comes and goes and it's not as if it's a great deal of pain. There is no signs of swelling,lumps,lines,rashes etc, you name it I've searched all the possible answers to this! This is making me believe I have 'Health Anxiety' (excuse the pun as I'm obviously anxious and reading about anxiety!) I am going back to the doctors to see about my situation. I'd think if something was seriously wrong I wouldn't become completely fine and I believe the pain would be there at all times rather than just at certain times. I believe that it would affect my extra-curricular life if it was serious however I am still capable of the intense work loads with the long hours at work and the time I spend exercising. I have taken a T3 fat burner supplement,once, (stupid of me I know) which I felt only made my symptoms worse, I think it was made worse by me knowing of how dangerous it is and it's only since then the past few days that my sore armpit has come back... I seriously think it's a mental issue... I don't want to self-diagnose but I feel as if I show symptoms of anxiety even before this situation. Please can some one who has been in this situation shed some light

stephenwil
03-06-16, 15:38
I have recently had a huge anxiety episode and panic attacks. Although I can't understand why but I have and aching under my right armpit like a soreness which was there say a few days and now has come back. It's bearable but a nuisance! I get tied up with anxiety and Google everything which they say never too do lol . Me personally I'm thinking my pain is all tense muscles etc . Since my last bad attack I have accepted i have anxiety and accepting treatment for it . I constantly worry. Sometimes a little disconnected. But you are busy which for me I have no energy and I'm only 23 . The mind can cause a lot of bad crap. But I wouldn't mind having some of that energy. Could be muscular. But keep going back to gp if not happy i would but like me and my age they think I've either pulled something or Its anxiety! But I have the pain on and of also my breast is a little sore to press but my panic attack was bad and may well have pulled something haha. Keep an eye . Hope it's better

UMAC97
06-06-16, 22:48
Went back to the GP for the third time about this... Still doesn't see anything concerning... Said I should stop spraying deodorant on my armpits and just spray on my clothes... Got antibiotics aswell, I know what you mean by the pain coming and going, it's not even that sore it's just annoying as you said... I honestly think it's my mind starting to play tricks on me... I don't worry all the time, although I have not gone to the doctor and admitted my anxiety problems...perhaps I should however. I think I'll start to worry when I get tired and I'm unable to do what I do, thanks for the support!

mezzaninedoor
17-06-16, 09:15
I had sore arm pits last year, lasted about 8-10 weeks

I started to use a dermalogical soap for my armpits and my groin and I found that things improved gradually, may be worth looking at that to see if the soreness is possibly a little bit fungal/sweat related ?

Just a thought