PDA

View Full Version : Feel like front of throat at the bottom is being squeezed

Sally4x
03-06-16, 16:02
Hi,

Has anyone else had this? Out of the blue the last two weeks I have had a sensation at the bottom of the front of my throat like someone is squeezing it/pressing on it. It has made me anxious. I thought it might be acid so I took medication and it wasn't that. Any ideas? Thanks

Fishmanpa
03-06-16, 16:09
Pretty common anxiety symptom (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Throat_tighteningChokingSwallowing_proble ms) or could be Globus ... the feeling like you have a lump in your throat.

Positive thoughts

Sally4x
04-06-16, 19:39
Thanks. I don't think it is Globus because it doesn't feel like a lump inside my throat. It feels like someone is pressing on my windpipe where my Adam's apple would be if I was a man.

Dundonian_dubliner
04-06-16, 22:12
I also have this just now, its the first symptom I get with anxiety and the worst. I feel like I'm being strangled to the point I'm almost wretching. It stops me eating cos I feel like my throat is closed up. None of the medication helps to relax my throat. I'm going on holiday in 2 weeks and I'm so scared of this being like that on holiday

Fishmanpa
04-06-16, 23:11
I also have this just now, its the first symptom I get with anxiety and the worst.

Exactly. If you read the description in the symptoms link it pretty much describes it.

Positive thoughts

Dundonian_dubliner
05-06-16, 16:48
any ideas how to relieve it??

Fishmanpa
05-06-16, 22:48
any ideas how to relieve it??

Treat the reason for the symptom (anxiety) and you treat the symptom.

Positive thoughts

Dundonian_dubliner
12-06-16, 15:36
I think the reason for it this time is because I'm going on holiday. I don't know why I have a fear of this as I should be happy to be going somewhere hot and beautiful. It doesn't make any sense

Pigeon
12-06-16, 16:18
It's the same for me too. Always get anxious at holiday time. Does nt make sense

Dundonian_dubliner
12-06-16, 19:14
aww really, good to know its not just me I guess. Does yours go away once u there?