PDA

View Full Version : Shaking & Weakness

Catsjulieanne
03-06-16, 16:30
I am wondering if anyone can relate to this: I started Mirtazapine 6 weeks ago (have posted on that thread too) however every day I am shaking/trembling with weakness in my arms and legs. It is every single day, worse in the morning and only eases slightly come the evening. I do not sleep (about 2 hours, 3 at most). I have had blood tests come back as normal as I was wondering if it might be a thyroid problem but apparently not. It is debilitating and I am wondering if I should talk to my GP about beta blockers. Any advise welcome. Thank you.

countrygirl
03-06-16, 22:06
Have these symptoms after you started mitrazapine? I could not take this drug because of severe side effects including extreme twitching of my legs amongst other things.

Beta blockers are merely a sticking plaster for a broken leg, they do stop your body from reacting to the adrenalin surges but at a cost and the higher the dose the more side effects there can be.

Have you looked into none drug treatments for your anxiety?

Shazamataz
03-06-16, 22:16
I expect the shakiness/weakness is due to a lack of sleep more than anything. I had this too until I finally got the sleep sorted a couple of weeks ago.

Also, you may be on too low a dose of the mirt to help with the anxiety? I think you said you were only taking 7.5?

Hope things improve for you soon. I was doing better but had just had my dog castrated and 2 nights now with only 3 hours sleep. It's awful isn't it?

DrG00GLE
03-06-16, 22:18
All drugs have side effects, especially when they change the chemical process in your mind like antidepressants. I've taken different kinds of meds, all seem to put me in a constant tired state, makes my dad tired, and my mom feels like she's drunk. I'd advise to stop taking them and tell your doctor so he can prescribe you a new med

Noivous
03-06-16, 23:04
When I first started Sertraline I had the exact same thing. Over time it subsided completely.

N.

MyNameIsTerry
03-06-16, 23:13
I expect the shakiness/weakness is due to a lack of sleep more than anything. I had this too until I finally got the sleep sorted a couple of weeks ago.

Also, you may be on too low a dose of the mirt to help with the anxiety? I think you said you were only taking 7.5?

Hope things improve for you soon. I was doing better but had just had my dog castrated and 2 nights now with only 3 hours sleep. It's awful isn't it?

I know I wouldn't be sleeping if I had been castrated! But then I would have to resign myself to the knowledge that all a bed was for from now on would be sleeping! :winks:

A couple of days of feeling sorry for himself and hopefully he will feeling a bit better.

Noivous
04-06-16, 01:34

It's awful for the dog that's for sure:huh:

Shazamataz
04-06-16, 02:06
It's awful for the dog that's for sure:huh:

Haha, yes it is! I feel terrible about putting him through it which has raised my anxiety levels unfortunately but he's not crying any more today so he must be feeling a bit better and we may get more sleep tonight!

---------- Post added at 13:06 ---------- Previous post was at 13:03 ----------

I know I wouldn't be sleeping if I had been castrated! But then I would have to resign myself to the knowledge that all a bed was for from now on would be sleeping! :winks:

A couple of days of feeling sorry for himself and hopefully he will feeling a bit better.

Yes it must be a shock for them as we can't explain what's happening! Looking forward to us both sleeping better tonight. He's getting more used to the big plastic collar so should be more settled. I had to cut some off it as it was so big he could barely get through a door!

And Julie, my shakiness has been a lot better the past two weeks since I slept better but after 2 nights with only 3 hours it's back! Definitely look into options to help with sleep and if you can fins something you will feel so much better.

Noivous
04-06-16, 02:11
I'm sure you know it's actually better for the dog...but I'm also sure he doesn't think so.

It's plain to see you love your dogs very much.

N.

MyNameIsTerry
04-06-16, 04:59
Yes it must be a shock for them as we can't explain what's happening! Looking forward to us both sleeping better tonight. He's getting more used to the big plastic collar so should be more settled. I had to cut some off it as it was so big he could barely get through a door!

It's a good thing to do though, they will live longer for it and that's the most important thing to us.

Some of them do seem a bit daft. If they are very wide it kind of defeats the object!

Have you had to put any baby socks on him so stop him scratching? We had to with ours and it was a bit of a nightmare as he really didn't like them, "bless his little cotton socks". :D

Shazamataz
04-06-16, 08:47
It's a good thing to do though, they will live longer for it and that's the most important thing to us.

Some of them do seem a bit daft. If they are very wide it kind of defeats the object!

Have you had to put any baby socks on him so stop him scratching? We had to with ours and it was a bit of a nightmare as he really didn't like them, "bless his little cotton socks". :D

Zico is a bit of a foot-licker, he may have some allergies but not sure what, so I've been known to put socks on him, but not baby ones as he's a bit big for those!