PDA

View Full Version : Waking up with panic...over eyesight

Abeechx
04-06-16, 11:41
so....for the past month or so I keep waking up first thing in the morning with major panic attacks. I open my eyes look around my room and the thought just hits me, all I am is a pair of eyes that looks at stuff. I keep telling myself no I'm not I'm more than that. But I panic. I think I can't escape my sight and all I am is a human who looks around, I say things to myself like would I rather be blind then? Of course not. But it's like I've become hyperaware of my own eyesight and now everything looks weird and I feel unreal. I look around the room and it freaks me out how we are constantly looking as humans and out eyes never get tired. Then it's the whole what if starts...what if I didn't like to see? I'm stuck with it unless I close my eyes but soon I have to open them again. Am I going Crazy or what???? I feel like I am! I also think what am I??? Who am I?? I didn't ask to be put on this earth I'm just a pair of eyes looking around 24/7. Is it possible to be afraid or have a fear of your own eyesight?!!! I think I have!
I read on here that someone said they look down at there arms or catch a glimpse of there nose in there periferal vision and think I am truely trapped inside my body. Now I've started to believe that and I feel like I'm stuck inside this body with no escape. So here we are 2 months of batteling with this feeling all day it's
Utter terror. Please help me!!!!!

Brian123
04-06-16, 15:35
this is all normal with anxiety, you are 100% focussed on how you are feeling and you question why you are thinking like this, which in turn makes you think you are going mad, well you are not going mad, anxiety really screws your thoughts up, you need to try and get your mind off things, even if its just for a short while, then you can say to yourself, for half an hour I didn't even thing about my anxiety, the more you do things that occupy your mind it will eventually lessen the thoughts that you have with anxiety, but you have to force yourself to do things even when your mind is saying otherwise, we have all had these thoughts with anxiety, so your not going mad.