PDA

View Full Version : Hi. New person

Havaianas1234
04-06-16, 15:37
Hi. Struggling with toilet phobia😔😔. Have been living with it for roughly 2 years since I started college. Can't leave the house I don't travel because I'm terrified of needing to go to the toilet. I also struggle with being afraid of sickness as well. I have no social life and even starting to debate going to university in September. Don't have access to cbt or hypnotherapy. Couselling Has not worked for me.
Does anyone have any suggestions to manage it??

venusbluejeans
04-06-16, 15:43
Hiya Havaianas1234 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fduop
05-06-16, 13:43
Good morning Havaianas1234. Sorry to hear about your situation at your age, heading off to university should be an exciting time, not something to fear or dread. I can relate to your situation in that I have fears and anxiety about leaving my home.

Seeing that I'm "across the pond" from you, I have no clue how your health resources really work. But I do empathize with feeling nothing is working, because every so often I feel the same. The best advice I can give you is to tell you, you are taking the right steps. By that I mean, you are actively looking for answers. You want to be better, and Havaianas1234 that is half the battle.

None of us here are perfect, but we work on getting better everyday. What works for me may not work for you, but that doesn't mean you stop trying. Each day you take a step forward, which means you'll be taking two-steps back so often. But that's okay. NMP has some good resources and someone in here may have an answer. Best to you Havaianas1234 and best to you in school.