PDA

View Full Version : Need help with somatic anxiety

marissav1.0
04-06-16, 23:43
I have been struggling with somatic anxiety for about a month now. My anxiety has been manifesting as ibs/gerd, and now swelling/hives. I'm on 10mg prozac, and .5mg lorazepam. The lorazepam is just for severe attacks that I can't get under control. I generally only use it once every 3 or so days.

My question is...how do I get this under control? Books? Phone apps? I don't have a lot of mental health options - I can only see a psychiatrist about once a month for a 15 min med check. I can see a counselor more frequently, but nobody that specializes in CBT, which is what I feel like I need.

At this point it's so bad that I can't deal with my husband going to work, I can't deal with my kids (they are basically raising themselves, because I spend all my energy just "keeping it together"). I have a fear of dying, and I think I have a horrible illness every day. I also worry taking Prozac for an extended period of time will give me cancer, based on things I have read.

Lisah34
05-06-16, 00:15
Anxiety is hard work. It can be such an exhausting stuggle just to get through the day. I had a set back a couple of months ago after being anxiety free for 12 years and its not easy but focusing on my kids helped. I have a 2 yr old and it was awful not being able to deal with her and any oppitunity to get out of her way i took. The guilt for doing that made my anxiety worse. So i decided to just take her out, even to a quiet park, walk around, play ect and slowly it helped me. I also read this book called anxiety rebalance which was brill. But the biggest help was tbis site and the chat room. Lovely bunch of people always there to support.