PDA

View Full Version : Small cut in lake??

Nicholebear
05-06-16, 08:51
So today I was out on the lake with some friends and we have a wave runner (jet ski/ seadoo). Anyway I was climbing up on it and scraped my thigh against it. There was a small patch of red scrapped skin and a tiny tiny tiny little cut. Like so small I would compare it to a knick from a shaving razor.

I didn't give it much thought at the time and proceeded to have lake fun

But now several hours later I'm in bed thinking about it and my anxiety is rearing its ugly head.

The chances of it becoming infected with somthing sinister are super small, right? It seems to already be healed mostly and is nothing more than a tiny red blotch now. I'm talking size of a pinhead or smaller. I never cleaned it and forgot about it until about an hour ago. It seemed to be a pretty superficial cut. Granted it did bleed very slightly.

I've just hear horror stories of people getting terrible and deadly infections from swimming with cuts in lakes. But surely they were worse cuts than a tiny scrape??

Any reassuring words?

Beckybecks
05-06-16, 08:53
Him sure you're fine but no harm in putting on some antiseptic ointment if you're worried it could become infected