PDA

View Full Version : What warrants an Mri? Brain tumour worries

Avasmummy_x
05-06-16, 12:15
For weeks now I've had headaches, constant lightheadedness random bouts of weakness in my hands and now I'm having nausea with it too.

I had an Mri two years ago due to constantly being lightheaded.
But I'm really concerned by these other symptoms it's joined with. Especially the vomitting. Granted it's not everyday but Atleast once or twice a week.

Today we're meant to be on a family day out with our children and my head is crushing. I've been sick twice already and I'm just dreading it. Only forcing myself for my kids :-( can't take it much longer.

My question is would they even consider an Mri with me having one two years ago? X

Noivous
05-06-16, 12:21
I think they would consider it as the vomiting is a new issue you didn't have before.

I'm thinking the first one was all clear. Which is what I would expect another one to be. Anxiety can cause all of the symptoms you mentioned (and many more) so it could be that. But for peace of mind you may want to see the doctor.

N.

Avasmummy_x
05-06-16, 12:30
I've got a gp appointment on Friday hope he doesn't fob me off cause I'm beginning to become really concerned x

unsure_about_this
05-06-16, 13:54
Yes they would. I have to have one every year because of my condition I have. nothing has changed for me, as the thing on my brain pons in not a serious thing but still needs to be reviewed.

Gary A
05-06-16, 13:59
For weeks now I've had headaches, constant lightheadedness random bouts of weakness in my hands and now I'm having nausea with it too.

I had an Mri two years ago due to constantly being lightheaded.
But I'm really concerned by these other symptoms it's joined with. Especially the vomitting. Granted it's not everyday but Atleast once or twice a week.

Today we're meant to be on a family day out with our children and my head is crushing. I've been sick twice already and I'm just dreading it. Only forcing myself for my kids :-( can't take it much longer.

My question is would they even consider an Mri with me having one two years ago? X

I think an MRI may be considered, but don't be surprised if your doctor tries to treat you for migraines, because it sounds like that's the issue here.

countrygirl
05-06-16, 15:33
Usually your GP would have to refer you to a neurologist for brain mri scan, as usually only hospital consultants can order mri's of brain. Unless of course you pay for one yourself.

All your symptoms are anxiety ones as well, brain tumour is worst case scenario for these symptoms and as you have already had lightheadedness and a clear brain mri previously then its even more likely they are anxiety symptoms.

Migraines are another consideration but again a neurologist would be the person to see about any type of headaches. Maybe discuss a referral with your GP if this will help.

Phoebe604
11-06-16, 16:47
A GP in the UK can refer you straight away for an MRI. They can't with other conditions but I got referred by my GP