PDA

View Full Version : Day 13

Andy1718
05-06-16, 15:06
Hi guys. So slept pretty rough again last night and still lots of roller coaster emotions. Very anxious and edgy this morning so took some propranolol to take the edge off. These tablets really do the job and make me feel my normal self. 10mg only lasts about 4-5 hours so I can already feel the nerves and adrenaline coming back. 2 week milestone tomorrow and looking forward to a massive change this week. Can't have many more weeks like those two. Maybe I might need propranolol all the time? Slow release? As well as the cit?

Mojo61
05-06-16, 15:21
You could ask your doctor for the 80mg slow release capsules Andy. They got me over my initial bout of anxiety way back in Feb of 2015. I didn't need any anti depressants, as soon as the physical symptoms had gone then the anxiety completely disappeared. It only took about 4 days to get shot of it too, amazing.

Andy1718
05-06-16, 17:39
I feel much better on the propranolol as it takes my physical anxiety away. Maybe I should have been just on this? Hoping that the cit will take the thought side away as that's what gives me the anxiety and then feelings. Are you on cit now? Worried that I might be on the wrong tablet as my anxiety is definitely situational although saying that it has been very bad outside of those situations over the last two weeks.

Mojo61
05-06-16, 17:46
Yes, I've been on it since 2nd April, but only 10mg. I think I need an increase though as I'm not seeing much improvement.

Andy1718
05-06-16, 20:50
Had a really good day today. Felt like normal and tablets might beginning to work. Only anxiety is thinking about work. Onwards and upwards to more days like this.

pollynewsome
05-06-16, 21:48
My biggest problem with anxiety is that need to get a satisfying deep breath all the time. The more I try the harder it gets. Then I end up with a tension headache. Unfortunately the propranolol made that side of the anxiety worse but was brilliant for the shakes.. I often think I'm misdiagnosed and that it's more likely to be some kind of menopause/perimenopause thing.. so annoying.
Stick at it Andy you are doing well. Maybe you could manage on the propranolol alone. I used to take 40mg once a day for 4 years without any trouble at all. Keep strong. X

Victory2016
06-06-16, 10:54
My biggest problem with anxiety is that need to get a satisfying deep breath all the time. The more I try the harder it gets. Then I end up with a tension headache. Unfortunately the propranolol made that side of the anxiety worse but was brilliant for the shakes.. I often think I'm misdiagnosed and that it's more likely to be some kind of menopause/perimenopause thing.. so annoying.
Stick at it Andy you are doing well. Maybe you could manage on the propranolol alone. I used to take 40mg once a day for 4 years without any trouble at all. Keep strong. X

Hi polly if you don't mind me asking how old are you? I also think for me a lot of this is perimenopause too. I am only 37, but I know symptoms can start early. I have Graves disease and took a Radio Active Iodine Pill to kill my thyroid and make me hypothyroid. I sometimes wonder if all that is putting me into early menopause.....