PDA

View Full Version : Hello

Smelltheroses
06-06-16, 07:58
Hi all, I've literally just signed up and I'm hoping that by joining this site I will be able to understand my anxiety a little more. I've not really tried any kind of treatment or anything yet, just finding out information first. I have a lot of questions that I am looking forward to having answered. It will be a relief to find out if the symptoms I have are normal.

Thank you!

venusbluejeans
06-06-16, 08:04
Hiya Smelltheroses and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

lofr9605
06-06-16, 21:35
Hi, I'm new here too. What sort of anxiety do you have and how do you deal with it?

Noivous
06-06-16, 22:03
Hi Smelltheroses and lofr9605:)

Welcome aboard!

N.

Smelltheroses
07-06-16, 16:37
Hi, I'm new here too. What sort of anxiety do you have and how do you deal with it?

Hi Lofr9605, is it bad that I don't really know....? I'm just trying to make sense of it all. If I had to pick a type of anxiety it would probably just be the generalized anxiety disorder. I've not been diagnosed with a type, I guess. But I suffer with panic attacks at seemingly random times. I had a look at one of your posts and you said you have anxiety going to places? I bet that's very difficult for you :( I have difficulty leaving places sometimes.

How do I cope? I have a lot of support from family and friends :flowers:
I keep a diary and I also keep myself busy in order to distract myself. Sometimes though...I just have to ride it out. What about you?

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Hi Smelltheroses and lofr9605:)

Welcome aboard!

N.

Hello :) Glad to be here :happy:

wayne7
07-06-16, 22:06
Hey, welcome and yes you should find some support and useful advice here from like minded people :) i also have GAD and pure O as far as labels go. Hope you can get some help to beat this :)

Smelltheroses
07-06-16, 22:51
Hey, welcome and yes you should find some support and useful advice here from like minded people :) i also have GAD and pure O as far as labels go. Hope you can get some help to beat this :)

Thank you Wayne, much appreciated :) How long have you had GAD, if you don't mind me asking? No worries if not :)

wayne7
08-06-16, 21:44
I have had it about 10 years when it first became noticeable and same for my pure ocd but it could of also been there longer but it wasn't as noticeable. I thought i had health anxiety but then i got really worried about other stuff and was diagnosed with GAD. I don't mind sharing and feel free to send me a message. Happy to try help :-)

HalfJack
08-06-16, 23:45
Hey guys welcome!
I was just told I had anxiety, I was never told it was GAD or anything like that either. about 8 years for me I think, not sure.