PDA

View Full Version : Cancer Fear

AnxiousUK
06-06-16, 15:41
I'm 29. For over a month now I've been having light yellowbrown diarrhea and recently I've had a pitch black streak in it and some black splots. I've tried eating plain BRAT foods to bulk it up but I just ended up passing lots of small strands. Frequently get pain in my left area of my abdomen.

Gave in a stool sample today and I'm feeling completely defeated.

misslove
06-06-16, 17:25
Sorry to hear your rough time. Hopefully they get back to you with results fast.

insideout20
07-06-16, 16:12
i think if blood was in stool it wouldnt just be a streak, it would be throughout

---------- Post added at 16:12 ---------- Previous post was at 16:09 ----------

i had black spots at time and i bought a stool test fopr 40 quid and it said there was no blood in stool.

AnxiousUK
08-06-16, 09:03
Still no results back, still feeling bloating under stomach around my pelvis, still have extremely thin light brown stools. Concerned about Colon Cancer.

I'll keep this thread up to date as things progress.

AnxiousUK
09-06-16, 07:23
Today when I went it was dozens of slightly darker soft pieces and thin strips that eventually turned the water cloudy. Sorry for the excessive detail but I hope this will help anyone else with the same symptoms.

I still feel "full" like I haven't fully gone. I was relaxed the entire time going, making sure I didn't squeeze but it didn't make a difference. No blood on the tissue.

I'll call the doctors at 9am and see if they have my results, I'm fearing the worst, my mind is full of mixed negative thoughts. Once I've called I'll update this post.

Update:

No action required, sample results were fine. I'm now going the GP's to discuss this and my symptoms.

Post-GP Update:

Spoke to my GP, as I've now been tested for coelic and had a clear stool sample he believes it is IBS and has given me a 3 per day 28 day course of an anti-spasmodic called Mebeverine. I mentioned F.A.P. as I'm worried about polyps and have a boney growth on my upper gum for years which can be related and dentists have never been sure what it is, but he didn't seem to think it was that/or related nor does he think my issues are caused by polyps at all.

Obviously I'm scared of it being misdiagnosed and having cancer etc. As I'm sure most of us would be. I'll keep this up to date with any important changes, news and whether the medication helps or not.

Blinker
09-06-16, 19:56
Hey AnxiousUK,

It is very unlikely that doctors can misdiagnose - especially when those kinds of tests are done.

All of the symptoms you described sound like IBS - I've had quite a few of these too.

Do you get sharp pains, feeling like you need to empty your bowels immediately?
Are you passing a lot of gas?

Thanks

Blinker

AnxiousUK
09-06-16, 19:59
More gas than normal, I've had some sharp pains on the left area of my stomach but mostly a bloated feeling around my pelvis. No sense of urgency in going the bathroom.

Blinker
09-06-16, 20:04
Sounds exactly like IBS. Unfortunately I've suffered for a number of years now and it gets worse whenever I'm feeling anxious for a prolonged period of time.

misslove
11-06-16, 04:34
Try to change up your diet. I'm sure there are feeds on here on ibs diets. Broccoli really screws up my "routine" but sometimes I just have to have it because it's so yummy. I get very bloated and crampy. A hot bath helps.

AnxiousUK
19-06-16, 00:18
Seemed to improve for a few days, solid stools but flattened, but today and yesterday I've just had a horrible sick ache in the middle and area of my belly button and back to diarrhea.

indigogardens
19-06-16, 00:33
I think getting on a good probiotic with at least 15 billion in strength will help immensely. I had the same and whenever I get off my probiotic the diarrhea comes right back. It will take about a week at least to see results! Also make sure you are eating somewhat clean.. I'm telling you i cannot live without my probiotic, mines refrigerated as well, so get a high quality one! Mines all caused by my nervous system for sure! Try to stress less.

valleybear
21-06-16, 04:20
Hi, I am awake and just thought that I would let you know that this is soooo typical of IBS. I have suffered most of your symptoms and the feeling if not being finished when padding stools is very common. You can have all sort of shapes and sizes, different every day! Tmi!
Hope that you are feeling more reassured. X

AnxiousUK
21-06-16, 21:58
A symptom I forgot to mention is a near constant sensation of hunger, and an ache under my stomache.

AnxiousUK
22-06-16, 13:50
Woke up starving, horrible thin stools and a constant deep ache in the middle front of my waistline. I think it's a tumour/cancer in my descending colon.

Kay8010
12-08-16, 13:03
Hi there

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue you had?

AnxiousUK
08-10-16, 12:17
Update: The Megeverine didn't do anything for me, I've now been given a months course of Laxido. My stools are still thin and loose, causing water to go cloudy. I've tried several diets including cutting out meat and dairy. Still no improvement and my Doctor thinks it's just IBS.

AnxiousUK
14-10-16, 17:15
Update: Stools are still constantly soft and thin/flat, make the water cloudy and sometimes float. I've tried gluten free, vegetarian, vegan, dairy free diets as well as megeverine, laxido and probiotics.Nothing helps.

My doctor refuses to set up a colonscopy for me and says it is just IBS and so does the other doctor at the pratice. I feel suicidal about it all but I know thats because I feel helpless. I don't know what to do anymore.

Chrisjcrook
14-10-16, 20:21
Aslong it's not pure black tar like stools there's nothing worry about I had ibs for 8 years