PDA

View Full Version : Swollen lymph nodes

baardie
06-06-16, 17:13
Hi,

I have had a large swollen lymph node on my neck for about 2 years now and it's not gone down and now I have noticed another 2 pop up but still aren't as big. They are painless. I have lots and lots of blood tests over the 2 years for different things but no infections have been noticed. I will be seeing the doctor for it tomorrow.

Has anyone else had swollen lymph nodes for this long?

misslove
06-06-16, 17:27
It's probably not swollen, just larger then the rest. My left gland is bigger than the one on my right side near my throat.

Fishmanpa
06-06-16, 18:04
It's probably not swollen, just larger then the rest. My left gland is bigger than the one on my right side near my throat.

I agree with this. A truly "swollen" node for that amount of time without having an actual infection of any kind indicates just a normal node. Often one perceives a node to be swollen when in reality it's just a normal size.

Positive thoughts

Kath63
07-06-16, 17:16
I was at my Drs 2 weeks ago and while waiting for him I started to rub my neck and noticed a oval lump on my lower right side of my neck just above my collar bone. So when he walked in I told him about it and asked me when did I notice it. I said just now. He felt my neck ordered blood test and on the 14th of this month I go to have a CT scan. I am very scared and worried thinking it can be cancer or a tumor find myself rubbing it to feel if it's gotten bigger but it's not. It don't feel round but more like a huge muscle my blood test for thyroids came back fine so the waiting to have the scan seems forever friends tell me if Dr thought it was cancer or a tumor he would have wanted me to have a scan ASAP and would have asked the other office to squeeze me in to get that scan done now instead of waiting almost a month. So I know how you feel. Trying to stay positive and not freak myself out.