PDA

View Full Version : Any help would be much appreciated

elik
06-06-16, 17:33
I suffer intensely from intrusive thoughts and when I'm anxious in general they get bad. The worst thing is is that it's always the same thoughts over and over again for over ten years and this very fact makes me feel like there is something intensely wrong with me because of how harrowing my intrusive thoughts are. Like why do I have them and they stick, it's like I can't even talk to people about it because they're so bad so I'm just left haunted scared of myself and wondering how I can forgive myself or ever let go of the fear attached to this....

It's petrifying because it stops me doing things in life and it's become worse over the past week or two because of my up and coming trip on Sunday which I'm really panicking about...

Buster70
06-06-16, 21:47
Hi , sorry you are going through this I get some horrendous thoughts somtimes about hurting people I love it sickens me and upsets me but they are just thoughts the fact they upset me so much makes me realise it's not somthing I would act on , and just because you think bad things doesn't make them happen or the same would happen with good thoughts , take care .

elibabez
07-06-16, 02:10
I suffer intensely from intrusive thoughts and when I'm anxious in general they get bad. The worst thing is is that it's always the same thoughts over and over again for over ten years and this very fact makes me feel like there is something intensely wrong with me because of how harrowing my intrusive thoughts are. Like why do I have them and they stick, it's like I can't even talk to people about it because they're so bad so I'm just left haunted scared of myself and wondering how I can forgive myself or ever let go of the fear attached to this....

It's petrifying because it stops me doing things in life and it's become worse over the past week or two because of my up and coming trip on Sunday which I'm really panicking about...

Hi im eli to (although im a girl)

erm - as long as you dont act on them, the thoughts are fine.

Like i once thought hmm i wonder what itd be like to join ISIS

but i would never in a million years join them - nor do i even click their videos - yuck!

So, just thinking about something, or even having a dream or thought about doing it, doesnt make you a bad person as long as you dont act on it!

If you are worried genuinely you may act on the thought, and its something bad like causing harm - you should seek help immediatly

If its just thought, and nothing more - then you should know, everyone gets thoughts about different things, some not so great, some great..
the thoughts dont make you a bad person.

elik
07-06-16, 06:55
That's the problem, all my thoughts are my worst fears and they're all terrifying because I wouldn't act on them. This doesn't make it go away though and the higher the anxiety the higher the intensity. It just seems so faulty of me to think like this and that I feel little power of the way these horrendous thoughts flow and just have to suffer and deal with it :(