PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or something else? Please help

Johnny4512
06-06-16, 20:24
So for the past few months I have been dealing with severe heart palpitations and chest pains as well as a very rapid heartbeat whenever I do anything physical. I have visited the hospital twice and the ekg was normal both times so the doctors say that I have anxiety. I have been prescribed 20mg of fluoxetine daily and Ativan for when I get really anxious but each day it seems to be getting worse. I have weird twitches in my arms and legs as well as in my chest and sometimes my heart feels like it's skipping multiple beats. I have a decreased appetite and also am not getting as much sleep and all I can do each day is lie down on the couch and watch television because I am too exhausted. I know fluoxetine takes a long time to begin working but I thought I would have began to improve at least slightly by now. Every slight pain or palpitation I get causes me to think I'll have a heart attack or cardiac arrest and I'm starting to really worry. I know this is a bit of a long post but anyone who has experienced something similar please feel free to reply. I am only 20 years old and shouldn't be feeling this way. I do not have a history of drug or alcohol abuse and I do not smoke. However I am definitely not the most active person. Please help!

Brian123
07-06-16, 00:59
hey there Johnny, check out the Palpitations, Ectopics, Missed beats, Heart Worries (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=48) thread, you are not alone mate

Noivous
07-06-16, 01:29
Hi - What you describe is pure anxiety. I agree with your doctor's. At your age a heatt attack is extremely rare. In your raised anxiety state you are hypersensitive to every little twinge or twitch in your body. Do yhe best you can in regards to eating better, exercise and sleep. I would say it's all anxiety driven and your heart is fine.

N.