PDA

View Full Version : Severe anxiety before travelling anywhere

lofr9605
06-06-16, 21:33
Hello all,

Currently I'm suffering from severe anxiety before going away anywhere for more than a day or so. Im currently on a 2 week programme about 4 hours from home and being out here is causing so much anxiety.

I cry and have major attacks days if not weeks before I leave.

Could someone please let me know i'm not alone and how you cope.

Thanks

xx

venusbluejeans
06-06-16, 21:39
Hiya lofr9605 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Astray
06-06-16, 23:23
You're not alone! I can just about manage a night away from home but I can't handle more than that. It's a relatively new thing for me and I used to be a pretty sociable easy going bloke. I am going to have to find some way of coping too.

lofr9605
07-06-16, 08:17
That's so releiving. How long have you felt like this because it's not a new thing for me I've just realised the extent of it. Like, I remember going away for 5 days when i was about 10 and sobbing until I was allowed home but too embarrassed to say anything.

FITNESS
07-06-16, 09:01
I have just registered an so relieved to find there are others out there experiencing similar I thought it was just me. My anxiety has been on and off and it is a struggle travelling as I think all sorts of things will happen. Are there any support groups in London do you know?

lofr9605
07-06-16, 09:05
Ah I'm kinda the same. But more than that I just miss home. I'm not from London. I live more Midlands way but I'm sure if you search it you may find something?

Astray
07-06-16, 09:54
For me it's only been in the last 18 months, although I wasn't keen before that either but that was because I don't like being away from my daughter for too long! But the general anxiety about going away is quite new, in fact I rarely suffered from anxiety until I was fired from my job after being stitched up by a colleague. I am only now realising what a traumatic thing that was for me, I haven't been the same since.

I used to get homesick if I was away with the cub scouts or something as a kid, but this seems like a different thing.