PDA

View Full Version : Just signed up

Astray
06-06-16, 22:46
Hello, I've just found this forum and it looked like a good place to meet people in similar situations. I'm a 43 year old man from Wales who has suffered from depression for most of his life, but in the last few years I seem to have developed, at times, quite severe bouts of anxiety as well. It seems to have started when I lost a job I loved due to being stabbed in the back by a colleague who apparently viewed me as a threat to her job security. It's nearly two years ago now and I've struggled to hold down a job since, and frankly I'm a shadow of the man I once was. Just keeping things together for my family is pretty much all I can handle these days, but at last I'm starting to get some help from my local community mental health service.

Not sure what to expect here but I'm hoping to meet some friendly people and talk openly about these problems, as I don't have friends or family members who have any idea of it, and talking about it generally drives them away. Thanks.

venusbluejeans
06-06-16, 22:51
Hiya Astray and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

aprilmoon
07-06-16, 00:10
Hi Astray
Welcome to NMP :welcome:

Twolsey
07-06-16, 00:55
Welcome

Astray
07-06-16, 09:56
Thank you for the great welcome. What a nice bunch of people, I feel at home here already!

HalfJack
08-06-16, 12:51
That's good to hear! :D
I came here because I had no one to talk to about this either and I found so much good advice, really helped me, and still does!