PDA

View Full Version : Positive appointment

Becky2785
07-06-16, 10:27
So I had an appointment at the docs this morning felt it went well she said that the thoughts I'm having is possibly a side affect of the cit. She offered me sertraline but I said I stay with citalapram for another 2 weeks to see how I get on as the anxiety isnt as bad and I feel ok.
Got another appointment in 2 weeks to see how I'm going with the thoughts fingers crossed they disapeer in a few days been getting them now for 5 weeks and there just horrific. Also speak to a therapist tomorrow

Hope everyone is well Becky x

Suziewuzie
07-06-16, 11:55
I'm glad you're feeling positive :) I think sometimes GP's are too quick to suggest changing meds, it's still fairly early days. I think talking therapy will really benefit you! The first 8 weeks were the worst for me with the intrusive thoughts xx

Becky2785
07-06-16, 14:42
Yea I thought I was early days so I told her I didn't want to change of go back in another 2 weeks so we shall see.
And the thoughts are the worst thing about it some days I'm ok but when I have a bad I just cry and get scared of them x

Suziewuzie
07-06-16, 22:53
They are scary & it's good to have a cry about it, but they are only thoughts & I promise soon they will quieten down and get a little easier to ignore, once that happens you'll breathe a big sigh of relief because you'll realise that you are in control of your own mind. You're doing so well still getting up & going to work despite what's going on inside so keep giving yourself lots of pats on the back! X