PDA

View Full Version : They're keeping me on?!

KatiePink
07-06-16, 12:12
So i'm in total shock today. In another thread i told that i was informed a few weeks back i was up for redundancy, some departments were closing and there would be a collective redundancy in 30 days.

I have only been there not even a year, and have been off sick for the best part of that, so obviously i wrote myself off, applying for new jobs, sorting finances, even got some accounts 'put on hold' for 30 days because of my situation. :blush:

Today they call and tell me i've been successful and they're keeping me on, GREAT FANTASTIC NEWS.. except this made me anxious... because it wasn't planned or foreseen, i feel completely thrown. I'm happy and thankful but at the same time will feel like a complete idiot if i don't have a good return after all they've done, i suppose it feels like a lot of pressure, instead of a clean start.

:shrug:

Beckybecks
07-06-16, 14:53
They obviously recognized your talents :)

Fishmanpa
07-06-16, 14:55
That's really great news! Remember, a positive attitude will go a heck of a lot further than a negative one. This IS a positive and a huge open door to a fresh start.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-16, 04:44
Excellent news, Katie!

There is time to work on going back. Regardless of this, they still have to follow the law.

KatiePink
08-06-16, 12:00
Very true, it's just my learnt automatic response to anything that wasn't expected is usually negative. That's what i need to work on, i struggle to just accept that good things happen and just enjoy it, but i will view this as a fresh start and hopefully having more structure in my life will help me too :)