PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever had this doctors can't work it out

stars22
07-06-16, 12:47
Basically I was sent to hospital my heart rate was going 120-150-179 within seconds of each other it kept going up and down my blood pressure rises when I stand I do feel the burning adrenline scared feeling constantly near enough anyways they did ecgs all said abnormal on machine but when doctors checked it it was OK??
Well my heart does it constantly sat down or stood up I can feel my heart beat everywhere my stomach the lot and this obviously makes my ha go up as I'm scared of everything health wise especially heart / anyrsm ect they did blood all came back normal and dimmer test normal so they said they will send me home and I'll have to get a holter I do suffer really bad anxiety at the minute since giving birth to my son and I've been having on and off a nice attacks for weeks now but now it's like my body is in constant panic like my heart rate no matter stood up sat down ect is missing beats it's like it will go from 60 -80 within one beat ?? Obviously I thought I was having a heart attack yesterday when it was going from 120-179 in a second but three doctors was saying they is nothing obvious so it doesn8 seem it's anything seriously wrong ....
I'm trying my best to stay calm although as you imagine it is very hard and all they kept saying was I'm in sinus tachycardia while standing my blood pressure also rises high when standing

Beckybecks
07-06-16, 14:52
You need to trust the doctors. These are trained professionals who would never end you home if there was something seriously wrong with you.
Your anxiety is causing symptoms which scare you. You focus on them and they seem to get worse.
If you can accept the doctor's diagnosis that you're fine, then you'll be able to calm down, and as the anxiety leaves, so will the symptoms.
Do you have medication for your anxiety?

ankietyjoe
07-06-16, 15:35
I've had exactly this on and off for years. I was in A&E twice with it with my heartrate over 120bpm without any anxiety whatsoever (until I realised I couldn't get it down again after an hour or two).

In both cases I had EKG's/bloods etc and was told there's nothing wrong.

It's a combination of stress/anxiety, that's all I can put it down to.

It's an awful feeling, but you do have to put faith in the fact that your tests have come back ok.

It's extraordinarily stressful having kids too, and I imagine you're not sleeping too well right now? All these things add up to put an anxious mind in a stressed state.

stars22
07-06-16, 15:37
No the doctors haven't said it's anxiety but I do have anxiety my heart rate is jumping from anywhere 40-179 constantly and I've even laid down relaxed eaten grapes told myself it's in my head and tried to accept the anxiety but it's still doing it surely it's dangerous unfortunately my hospital is in the paper alot for sending people home then they die

---------- Post added at 15:37 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Thing is my heart rate won't stay the same nurse trying to take my obs last night and the machine was saying 82 99 90 100 76 ect she was going just pick a number I don't find this normal and I can't find anything on it

ankietyjoe
07-06-16, 15:40
If you're worried about it you kinda have to call the GP/A&E again.

Your heart beating erratically/fast isn't dangerous in itself, but that won't stop you worrying of course.

It's a good idea to push for a 24 hour monitor as well.

stars22
07-06-16, 16:52
Yeah there getting me a holter but I don't know when that will be in guess I'm in sinus tachycardia I just can't cope obviously my anxiety is massive high now