PDA

View Full Version : meditation! Hope to help someone out there :)

misslove
07-06-16, 13:26
I have had anxiety for at least 6 years. I've tried everything except the prescription pills. I recently found an app for my phone called 7 Cups. It has a huge list of simple easy meditations. Some are better than others. This has helped me the most and I have been slowly been doing more things that I haven't been able to do. I always thought meditating was crazy and for the birds. It taught me how to use my anxiety and tell a story and indulge myself in it. It makes it so real to me that it doesn't exist if that makes any sense. And if it ever gets so bad I just snap in my headphones and take the few minutes I need to get my head right again. I strong suggest that you guys try it! If anyone of you out there already practice this please tell me and we can chat!

Josh1234
07-06-16, 20:01
Awesome. Thanks.

23fish
07-06-16, 22:05
I've heard about how good this is. Unfortunately I can't get it on my phone or my Kindle Fire. I'm so disappointed :(

wayne7
07-06-16, 22:52
Many thanks for the tip. I use that site occasionally and want to try meditation but did not realise they had the exercises. I shall try :) thank you

misslove
08-06-16, 01:52
23fish try YouTube or do a google search for anxiety meditations and it will bring up webpages you can use through the website. No apps needed!

MyNameIsTerry
08-06-16, 05:22
Misslove - is that a free app? If so, I will add it to my thread and link to this one as well so others can see the opinions of it. Do they have a website too or a YouTube site?

misslove
08-06-16, 13:11
Not sure on the other platforms but I have it on my iPhone and yes it's free. There's other things on there too, like writing down things your grateful for and stuff. I just like the meditations. There's one on there that's about 20 min long and it takes you on a fishing trip in a little boat and it was great until it ended and you don't catch a fish!!!! Just like in real life lol.