PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety stopping me from eating!

ChloeGlitter
07-06-16, 19:57
Hello,

I have been getting quite bad anxiety at the moment, and it is stopping me from eating. I'm underweight and am losing weight fast which really is not good, but my appetite has completely gone and I have no idea what to do. Any ideas? I'm struggling badly to try and eat!

Chloe:weep:

louise123_uk
07-06-16, 20:40
Big hugs! I know exactly how you feel, am experiencing shortness of breath and a tight chest now which is terrifying me and when I feel terrified its hard to think of eating.

I try and get through it by eating little bits whenever I can. Even if just a few crisps or a slice of toast so I am eating something. Tonight I managed a small chicken breast and 4 pieces of crusty bread. I'd suggest something you can cut up small or tear like bread or toast.

23fish
07-06-16, 20:59
Have you tried Complan? It's like milkshake. I find really cold drinks are good too. You should try Lucozade or Berocca. Sometimes I don't feel like eating until the evening, and I then just have whatever I feel like. X

Monty1973
08-06-16, 19:14
Hi 23fish

Sorry to hear that your anxiety is suppressing your appetite at the moment. I can really sympathise with you as my health anxiety is causing exactly the same problem where at times I am forcing myself to eat. One of the best things I can recommend is to eat small meals and often. Also just take more time when you eat and chew the food more slowly. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care
Andrew