PDA

View Full Version : New here, but unfortunately not new to anxiety - could use some help!!

in-love-but-im-lazy
07-06-16, 22:43
Hi there! :hugs:
My name is Jamie, and I'm 16 years old. I love art, music, and history!
To give you some background about my anxiety, I was 13 the first time that I had a panic attack. It came out of nowhere and was the most awful mental pain that I've ever experienced.
My doctor diagnosed my with moderate generalized anxiety disorder, butI've often felt what can only be described as much worse than "moderate". As the past few years have gone by, I've felt a wide range of symptoms to the point where my anxiety feels different every day. Throughout eighth grade, I suffered from nausea, agoraphobia, and depersonalization. My agoraphobia made it difficult to go to class or even take the school bus home. Ninth grade was much better, and I finally thought that I had achieved some sort of breakthrough.
This year has been my most difficult one yet. In January I began a mandatory CPR class at school which triggered severe health anxiety. Since then, every day has been difficult. My seasonal allergies turned into "asthma" even though I had already been tested and knew that I did not have it. I have had heart palpitations, eye twitches, and headaches, and every time I experience one of these symptoms, I convince myself that I have a deadly condition.
I am on an as needed medication. I have also asked my parents to bring me to therapy. They said yes, but it has been about a month since I asked, and I don't know how to bring it up again.
Advice would be appreciated...I'm so happy to have found a community that has experience these same problems!

venusbluejeans
07-06-16, 22:49
Hiya in-love-but-im-lazy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Smelltheroses
07-06-16, 23:15
Hello Jamie, nice to meet you. I'm Jasmine and I'm also new here. I am sorry to hear your anxiety seems to have got worse. I would definitely bring it up with your parents again. Keeping an open communication with them about what you are feeling is such a massive help and reminding them might just prompt the start of your journey to recovery.

I hope you can find comfort in the advice on this forum. Over the last day or so I've found a lot of info that's helped me so I hope the same can happen to you too. Take care!