PDA

View Full Version : pins and needles

anxiety nightmare
08-06-16, 14:22
hello,,can anyone tell me if they have ever had constant pins and needles in one hand..also feel lightheaded..its worrying me its the symptom of a stroke or something,,i had it about 24 hours

anxiety nightmare
08-06-16, 18:29
anybody? i live alone and im worried

chiguy
08-06-16, 18:45
Hi there. I'm so sorry to hear that you're scared about what you're feeling.

I see that you posted the original 4 hours ago, and again recently. If it was something serious (like a stroke), perhaps you wouldn't be able to post?

Remember, anxiety is horrible bedfellow. It tricks you into believing the worst case scenario.

If you feel like you're really in trouble, you should call a Doctor ASAP. If you feel like it's health related anxiety, try doing the things that have worked for you in the past to calm down.

I hope you feel better soon and that it's nothing serious. Take a few deep breathes and relax.

anxiety nightmare
09-06-16, 10:19
yeah probably not a stroke by now after 30 hours since it begain,however i would like to hear of someone who might have had a similar experience,thanks for your input chiguy

netminder1976
09-06-16, 13:51
I've had that feeling before, it was just in my left hand and mostly my 2 smallest fingers. I believe it may be a from a pinched nerve or something.

Beckybecks
09-06-16, 14:20
I've had pins and needles in both hands and feet but this as due to anxiety and panic.
But I've also had it in one hand only (also thought of a stroke) and saw a Doctor who explained that it could be due to the way I was using my hand on my keyboard, leaning my hand or lower arm on the edge of the desk. He said it was trapping a nerve.

ankietyjoe
09-06-16, 14:44
It's common with muscle tension related to anxiety. I've had it for years. Usually my little finger and the one next to it.

anxiety nightmare
10-06-16, 09:32
thanks for the comments,its in every finger on the one hand and it started wheni felt lightheaded i then panicked like crazy and then thats when the pins and needles started

Neiljo
10-07-16, 21:11
Hi, how are your symptoms now? I had something similar, woke up Friday morning with a numbness in my left hand and also felt lightheaded. I went to my Doctor's surgery where I was seen by the practice nurse and GPS, both said it was positional (position I slept) and stress. It's Sunday now and I have still got the same symptoms, though not as bad. The odd thing is I don't normally feel stressed but I do worry quite a bit