PDA

View Full Version : Muscle pain and rashes from the sun

sunflower7
09-06-16, 11:29
Just wondered if anyone has had these side effects? I've been taking Citalopram for just over 3 weeks (day 23) and have noticed that I seem to be getting sensitive to the sun plus my upper arm muscles and legs are quite sore. Does anyone know if the tablets could cause this and would these side effects appear as late as 3 weeks after starting? Thanks

Victory2016
09-06-16, 12:30
Just wondered if anyone has had these side effects? I've been taking Citalopram for just over 3 weeks (day 23) and have noticed that I seem to be getting sensitive to the sun plus my upper arm muscles and legs are quite sore. Does anyone know if the tablets could cause this and would these side effects appear as late as 3 weeks after starting? Thanks

I have the muscles soreness/stiffness it started about a week ago and I have been on Cit for 66 days @ 20mg. I believe it will go away. I was on Cit three years ago and I think I remember going through a phase where this happened. I have not had any problems with sun sensitivity.

Mojo61
09-06-16, 12:44
I have the muscle stiffness too in my upper arms, neck and jaw. Hoping it does one eventually!

I have heard that sun sensitivity can be a side effect of citalopram. I believe it mentions it in the patient info leaflet.

sunflower7
09-06-16, 13:40
Thanks hopefully they will pass soon!