PDA

View Full Version : is this just anxiety

sck
09-06-16, 13:25
Hi all its been a while since I posted.
My anxiety and panic has been v high recently. 3 nights ago I was about to drop off to sleep when a sudden surge of adrenaline jolted me up and I gasped and my heart pounded. It happened 3 times as I was dropping off and then I eventually fell asleep... It happened again last night ... I did the thing you shouldn't do and googled. Now I have this obsession with sleep apnea. What do u think? I don't think I snore, I'm female and not overweight. Its only happened 2 nights. Could it just be anxiety? I don't think I'm fully asleep uts just as I drop off. Scared me tho

misslove
09-06-16, 14:02
This is anxiety for sure. Try walking or workout out more to relieve tension in your body. Stretches before bed.

AnxiousUK
09-06-16, 14:14
100% Anxiety related, I suffered from that for several years. Try doing this before bed http://www.innerhealthstudio.com/forest-visualization.html it was actually suggested to me during a CBT session I had once, it honestly helped after a while.

Certainly not right away, but you have to keep doing it over and over again, sorta brainwashing yourself.

Beckybecks
09-06-16, 14:16
Yes I've had this due to anxiety. I also get a loud rushing noise in my ears. Really annoying as it can be a problem when one is already finding it difficult to fall asleep due to anxiety. Just as you drop off it wakes you up again! I ignore it. But as misslove says, some exercise always helps. I walk during the day and try to wnd down slowly towards bedtime and keep to a routine.