PDA

View Full Version : Hi, semi recovered here

Ziggysmum
09-06-16, 17:05
Hi all,

I am 35, and have had anxiety since childhood. Have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder and emetophobia. I've had 2 goes at CBT and 2 goes at hypnotherapy which helped me function but only really felt myself once I started medication 9 years ago. I'm now mostly okay but still have panic attacks when I feel sick.

X

venusbluejeans
09-06-16, 17:11
Hiya Ziggysmum and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

fedup1967
14-06-16, 15:46
Hi all,

I am 35, and have had anxiety since childhood. Have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder and emetophobia. I've had 2 goes at CBT and 2 goes at hypnotherapy which helped me function but only really felt myself once I started medication 9 years ago. I'm now mostly okay but still have panic attacks when I feel sick.

X
Hi ZiggysMum,
I just Joined and decided to reply to your post.
I hope your feeling well today?
I don't feel too bad right now...felt a bit emotional earlier but have calmed down now.
I have also had anxiety disorder since my childhood.
I'm now 49 and the symptoms and feelings are still the same.
I just understand it a bit more now than when I was younger.
I get panic attacks as well and they are horrible ain't they?
I'm waiting to join a local group which offers CBT
but it could take up to 6 months before I know.
in the meantime I'm starting to worry cause the job center is starting to pressure me into looking for work when They should know that My anxiety is so strong that I'll probably never be truly fit to work.
last night I lay in bed worrying and thinking about this and it stopped me from sleeping.
hopefully tonight will be better.
but deep down I feel low...still got a lot of stuff on my mind which is bothering me.
but I hope your OK
nice to share a few words with a fellow anxiety sufferer
take care
best wishes
T

Mark13
19-06-16, 00:51
Hi. Welcome aboard. You've certainly found a good place to be.

I'm sure you'll find lots of support here, as I have.