PDA

View Full Version : Skipped beats!

Samtattoo
09-06-16, 17:32
Are driving me insane! Everytime one comes along this awful dread comes over me as if I'm going to die, I've been having these skipped beats pretty much daily for a few months now, some days I only notice one or two and other days I get loads and can't cope, checked out fine at hospital apart from t wave inversions which were checked a few years ago which are also apparently normal and nothing to worry about, cardiologist calls them benign yet I'm sat here feeling like they could kill me at any second😫
Is there anything people have noticed makes them better? I used to get the odd one here and there but since my anxiety has flared up mainly about my heart the past few years I've noticed them a lot more

Brian123
09-06-16, 18:41
The best thing to make them lessen, is to stop letting them scare you and accept them as not going to harm you, also get on top of the anxiety (easier said than done I know) also try and occupy yourself, the worse thing I did which made them worse or not lessen is to constantly think about them which just makes you really anxious, don't expect them to go away completely, they wont, but they will lessen as you learn to accept them and not let them scare you, you are not alone, just keep telling yourself that, and we are all still here, so your not going to die :-)

asus15
09-06-16, 18:51
Totally normal with anxiety, I've had them on and off for years and I'm still here...

It really is true what people say, you give it attention and it will stick around, don't think about them and they do tend to bugger off..

It is 100% true.