PDA

View Full Version : Lip cancer?

Danie57
09-06-16, 19:15
Hi I'v got a small flesh coloured lump on my lip. I can feel it with my tongue but not my fingers. It seems to have a small red dot where the lump is. It's been there about 4 weeks at least. Could be longer but I started stressing about my mouth/tongue that's when I paid attention to it. Im worried it's a sore iv had that hasn't cleared and is a sign of cancer. 😩😓

AnxiousUK
09-06-16, 19:57
Your dentist can tell you, make an appointment. If it's just appeared a month ago then anything serious could be dealt with easily, don't stall.

Beckybecks
09-06-16, 20:00
Without showing your lip to a Doctor it's hard to know. But it doesn't sound like cancer. I can tell you that my husband had lip cancer some years ago. He had a nasty open ulcer that wouldn't clear up. It was painful and ugly. After six months he finally went to the doctor where he was diagnosed. It was removed under local anaesthetic and that was the end of it. Actually if I run my tongue along the inside of my lips, they're very lumpy which is just natural.

Danie57
09-06-16, 20:46
thank you, i have severe health anxiety after having my 2nd son and its been my mouth that all the focus has been on, iv been worried about my tongue, gums, teeth, lips you name it.
i have been to a doctor and dentist but about the other issues not this one with my lip. its horrible panicking about it.