PDA

View Full Version : To take SSRI's? GAD/PMDD

claire
09-06-16, 21:34
I had 6 months of severe anxiety following an operation and stress and just not dealing with having GAD
It scared me a lot I was beginning to think I'd never get better. I didn't recognise myself!
I've got there now, I feel like me again and only go back to being anxious if its PMT time and then I'm back to normal. I do wonder if it's PMDD as the lows are extremely low and i've even tried leaving my Husband at these times and feeling suicidal a couple of times but more anxious about the fact I might feel that way.
I've been fine for the past 3-4 weeks (I'm due PMT any day now)
I'm not sure if it's to do with the fact I started taking evening primrose oil but there's a difference so far.
Anyway I have an appointment tomorrow to see the GP about starting sertraline just to make sure it doesn't all come back but then it might not! I thought if I do start it I should probably start taking it while I'm feeling good as it can make you worse. I hear so many scare stories though saying that it can make you suicidal, etc and I don't know if I want to knowingly make myself worse when I might not even need it now.
What do I do! I feel like cancelling the appointment!