PDA

View Full Version : Advice please. Overthinking stupid amounts

elik
10-06-16, 11:50
I'm so sensitive at the moment due to my anxiety about leaving to go abroad and I'm being so self critical and everything is feeding into my OCD thinking. I live on a farm and yesterday a lamb was ill and my mum asked me to get a penicillin shot injection and it was situated somewhere complex and I had an appointment and I couldn't and then I went and saw a friend after and got some lunch and my mum text me saying the lambs dead. I know it's the nature of a farm etc but I have been ruminating on this since and thinking this is a character default that leads into my harm ocd and that I'm a horrible person and I feel so sad for this lamb. I just can't put things to bed in my head and now I'm carrying a horrendous feeling of guilt that I don't want to take away with me to ruin my trip. Any suggestions to help alleviate this would be great thanks

misslove
10-06-16, 13:23
Well honestly if the lamb was that sick penicillin may not have helped that quickly. Try to enjoy your trip and ignore the past. You can't change things that have already happened

elik
10-06-16, 19:25
I know but I think the concept has led me into my ocd thoughts which completely consume me and I need to get out of this before I go away on Sunday :(

misslove
12-06-16, 15:43
I'm sorry I can't seem to see the connection between that and OCD. I'm not familiar with OCD. The death of the lamb isn't your fault. If it was that sick meds that late wouldn't have helped. When you find yourself worrying over it do something different to take your mind off it. Read a book or something