PDA

View Full Version : feel rubbish 9wk in!

pollynewsome
10-06-16, 13:06
Hi. Well I was really starting to feel much better. I am now 9 weeks at 20mg and today I feel dreadful. Anxiety through the roof. Head tension,tight chest, sore arms, dizzy. The full works. Thought I was past all this. Not sure whether to come off the citolapram and see how I feel without. Hope everyone else doing well. X

Victory2016
10-06-16, 14:53
Hi. Well I was really starting to feel much better. I am now 9 weeks at 20mg and today I feel dreadful. Anxiety through the roof. Head tension,tight chest, sore arms, dizzy. The full works. Thought I was past all this. Not sure whether to come off the citolapram and see how I feel without. Hope everyone else doing well. X

I feel exactly the same way too!!! I am into my 9th week also. I was starting to feel better and now I feel like utterly crap. I am giving it until at least 12 weeks. Hopefully this is just a blip for us. :bighug1:

Vanilla Sky
10-06-16, 15:32
Dont come of it , go back to gp , maybe you need the dose upped ?

pollynewsome
10-06-16, 17:47
Thanks guys. It's just so hard! X

Victory2016
11-06-16, 02:01
It is hard and when you start to have good days. The bad days seems to feel wore then ever. Its like a tease. Its so hard to trust the meds. I am hoping things will turn around for us in the next couple of weeks :hugs:

pollynewsome
11-06-16, 09:08
Me too. Chin up. X

Suziewuzie
11-06-16, 10:40
You'll always have bad days when you suffer with anxiety, on or off the meds. I'm 4 months in and still have bad days, but the people close to me remind me that I'm only human and everyone has bad days - it doesn't mean I'm going backwards. If you're feeling naff then I think withdrawals from medication will make you feel ten times worse, I think stopping medication should be something you do when you're in a good place and able to deal with the withdrawal effects x

Victory2016
11-06-16, 11:31
I agree with coming off. The withdrawals are worse. Just try to stick it out. I am still feeling like crap today. Sorry I don't remember your history were you on meds before?

Just curious how is your stomach? I am severely nauseous again.

pollynewsome
11-06-16, 16:30
My story with meds.. well had anxiety for approx 2 years and decided to try meds cos wasn't improving with self help methods. First was prozac. Worst time ever. Came off it after 9 weeks of hell and off work 8 weeks. Got back to work and went on to sertraline started on 25mg and eventually at 4 month mark was up to 75mg. Felt dreadful and was just getting worse each day. Doc took me off and so now citolapram. 4 weeks at 10mg ok but not right. 9 weeks at 20mg. Had moments last week where I thought I had cracked it and I was definitely in a better place but yesterday all the physical symptoms back with a passion. So uncomfortable and annoying. I think the worst symptom is the need to take a deep breath all the time. Appetite ridiculous,starving all the time. Sleep fine. Ache all over, head tension. That's me. Not much easier today. Grrrr. X

Victory2016
12-06-16, 23:28
How are you feeling today !!! I am still feeling pretty bad!! Hope this passes soon.

pollynewsome
13-06-16, 18:41
Not good again.. keeps flaring up for no reason.. Head feels like it going to explode:( x

sunflower7
13-06-16, 19:00
Hugs to you. I'm not having a great time either xx

Victory2016
13-06-16, 20:10
Me too!!! I can't stop crying, my heart is pounding and my anxiety is high. I don't understand ugggggg......Hugs to both of you too! Hope we all turn a corner soon.

pollynewsome
14-06-16, 19:52
Lets hope so.. 10 week in and just want to feel ok! Felt like i was turning corner last week but over the weekend just rubbish and still now! Going to hold out though and just hope it starts to get easier. My biggest problems are the head tension and cant get a deep satisfying breath:( So annoying and exhausting. chin up and keep strong Big hugs:)x