PDA

View Full Version : How Many Weeks For Your Anxiety/Depression To Disappear

Victory2016
10-06-16, 17:46
Just curious...

How many weeks/months did it take for your anxiety and/or depression to go away while taking an SSRI.

Mojo61
10-06-16, 20:46
I'd like to know too

Victory2016
10-06-16, 20:48
I'd like to know too

How are you feeling Mojo?

Becky2785
11-06-16, 01:45
How long have you both been on them now I only coming upto week.4 had a few good days last week's slept really well but these past few nights can't sleep.again just had a weird dream woke up heart racing. But.very tired hope ur both well xx

Victory2016
11-06-16, 01:57
I am going into week 9 @ 20mg. I was doing ok the past week or so, but now I am having a lot of symptoms again, but not as intense as before starting the cit/start up side effects.

It seems like everyone does good for a week or two then goes back down for a week or two and then finally stabilize around 3/4 months. Just my opinion on what i have been reading/researching.

Hope you feel better soon! You sound a lot better in your posts. The heart racing is the worst. That is one of the most debilitating symptoms for me. I hate it, but it has gotten better.

Becky2785
11-06-16, 05:22
I did feel better now tonight haven't slept a wink and got work on my own all day. Had a telephone appointment with a therapist on Wednesday she said it's seems I have ocd because all the thoughts I keep getting and then doing things after to take the anxiety away Tuesday and Wednesday were the best days I've had in weeks woke up with no anxiety hardly hardly no thoughts although I was checking my mind which is the worst just wanna feel ok again xxx

MyNameIsTerry
11-06-16, 05:35
It's a bit like saying how long is a piece of this stuff really...

https://blackadderspropertynews.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/istock_000006962530xsmall.jpg

:winks:

When I started Cit I found changed only came in month 2 and then month 3. After that I kept on getting better. It was over a year though that my confidence really came back but this was nothing to do with the Cit, it was because my GP had been coaxing me back into the workplace that had caused it all. That was hard at first but by week 3 I was feeling a lot better about it and within a couple of months I was confident again.

So, meds are only one piece of the puzzle. Without a plan to keep challenging these fears, I think you just end ups settling into a groove.

There are studies of SSRI's to show how fast they started to work. The longer 2nd stage action of them is the "down-regulation", which is literally just plugging holes in the sending receptor so that it can't re-absorb the Serotonin as fast anymore. This means it is held in the space between the sending and receiving receptor, which enables the receiving receptor to keep using the stuff. The earlier stage of these meds is to increase the output of existing Serotonin into that space.

I know I saw a study saying this down-regulation was shown in 30 days but I can't remember which med it was. It wasn't Fluoxetine though, that doesn't even stabilise until week 5 as it's half life is so long, unlike the other SSRI's.

Becky2785
11-06-16, 07:29
I have seen a few changes already and I'm on week 4 I have a few good days and I was sleeping really well then the past couple of nights I haven't slept thoughts of suicide in my head all the time which I'm trying to control and having therapy just the bad days I hate feel like I'm going back down hill again just what to get better and put all this behind me again I now have to work 8 hour shift and I really wanna go back to bed but that if out of the question I want more good days

Suziewuzie
11-06-16, 10:04
Week 7 or 8 to feel a bit more normal for me. Week 8 I went back to work but still had bad days, week 12 I felt confident enough to say I was fixed x