PDA

View Full Version : Now what - worried about stomach cancer.

helenhoo
10-06-16, 20:48
I have a phlegmy type throat without a cold bug. Like need to clear throat few times a day and sometimes voice goes croaky until i clear it. I wonder if this hayfever?

I also have indigestion/heartburn. I am eating fine, BM's are fine. I did drink alot last night and eaten poorly today and drank three fizzy cans.

I realise reading this as i write it i'm probaly being ridiculous but there's always that niggly feeling i cant shake.

Any response on either symptom?

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I had a cold two weeks back and I have been sneezing. I work the frog throat makes my voice weird which is a symptom of throat or tum cancer?

J-P
11-06-16, 09:51
I have a phlegmy type throat without a cold bug. Like need to clear throat few times a day and sometimes voice goes croaky until i clear it. I wonder if this hayfever?

I also have indigestion/heartburn. I am eating fine, BM's are fine. I did drink alot last night and eaten poorly today and drank three fizzy cans.

I realise reading this as i write it i'm probaly being ridiculous but there's always that niggly feeling i cant shake.

Any response on either symptom?

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I had a cold two weeks back and I have been sneezing. I work the frog throat makes my voice weird which is a symptom of throat or tum cancer?

First thing that comes to mind is Acid Reflux, having alcohol + 3 fizzy cans will only make things worse that stuff is full of acid. I would suggest over the counter Zentac for two weeks and try to eat/drink non acidic foods. It's not cancer, so many people suffer from acid reflux/GERD and your symptoms are pretty much a textbook case.

Taken from webmd.com

Heartburn triggers - heartburn and diet

A number of foods and drinks can irritate the oesophagus and cause the LOS to relax. Food and drinks that commonly trigger heartburn include:

Alcohol, particularly red wine
Black pepper, garlic, raw onions and other spicy foods
Chocolate
Citrus fruits and products, such as oranges and orange juice
Coffee and caffeinated drinks including tea and cola
Peppermint
Tomatoes

To prevent heartburn after meals:

Do not overeat. Eat five or six small meals each day, instead of several large meals.
Do not eat before bedtime. Allow at least three hours to digest your food before lying down. Lying down makes digestion difficult and heartburn more likely.