PDA

View Full Version : Do these tablets actually work?

Andy1718
11-06-16, 07:57
Again I am so frustrated! A terrible nights sleep. Constantly thinking of work, when to go back, what to say or do. When does this stop. I know I am only day 19 of cit but I thought I might see some differences? Going to GP on Thursday and there is no way I am ready to go back to work unless I take propranolol everyday, only thing that clams me down. I don't want to rely on two drugs especially if I won't be able to tell if the cit is working. Should I ask to up the dosage as only on 20mg? Sorry for the rant guys but most of this forum seems to be people venting their frustration that this cit tablets are not working. I just want to feel like my old self, for me, my wife, kids and family. :(

Becky2785
11-06-16, 08:12
If ur on 20mg that's probably why your getting all these side effects I'm only on 10mg and I feel crap some days but also had a few good days and I'm on day 27 today tho is a bad day I can feel it already you need to give the tabs time to kick in have you thought about some therapy I'm having some for the intrusive thoughts I'm getting I've never had them before and there awful wouldn't wish them on anyone the therapist said it's seems I have ocd but only started having the thoughts since I started medication so I'm not sure I also go to work everyday which helps me keep my mind off things tell ur gp everything but I would really suggest some therapy xx

pollynewsome
11-06-16, 09:13
I'm on day 67 20mg citolapram. Was starting to feel much better with more motivation and energy but yesterday felt all the original physical symptoms. Absolutely gutted! Going to hold out till the 12 week mark and if no better I think I'm going to come off cit and see how I feel without it. I really don't wanna go to 30mg. It took me 6 weeks to start really improving. X

MyNameIsTerry
11-06-16, 09:19
If ur on 20mg that's probably why your getting all these side effects I'm only on 10mg and I feel crap some days but also had a few good days and I'm on day 27 today tho is a bad day I can feel it already you need to give the tabs time to kick in have you thought about some therapy I'm having some for the intrusive thoughts I'm getting I've never had them before and there awful wouldn't wish them on anyone the therapist said it's seems I have ocd but only started having the thoughts since I started medication so I'm not sure I also go to work everyday which helps me keep my mind off things tell ur gp everything but I would really suggest some therapy xx

What else in your anxiety signifies OCD? It's questionable when it has only started with a med since what if they go if the med is withdrawn? That would say it's more about the activation from the med I would have thought.

You are so new on this med, those thoughts may go. I'm wondering if your therapist is seeing what is bothering you now but not taking this into consideration and also working out whether you had OCD prior to this or another form of anxiety?

Suziewuzie
11-06-16, 10:01
Yeah they absolutely do work, they have totally saved me. But you can't just take a tablet & expect it to fix everything, you have to help yourself as much as possible and counting down the days and noting all the bad things that you feel is not going to help. Count down the days & note down anything positive you've achieved, even if it's just going to the shop. Citalopram & propanolol are two totally different meds, in completely different families so there is literally nothing wrong with taking them together.

Becky2785
11-06-16, 14:01
I don't no terry it was my first session just told her I've suffered with anxiety since age of 21 on and off and never had the thoughts before she then said about ocd sent me loads of leaflets about ocd. I thought it was strange that she said ocd as I did tell her I haven't had the thoughts before I started the meds I speak to her again on Wednesday so will get some answers then x