PDA

View Full Version : Neck issues

Fedup79
11-06-16, 14:21
Hi guys

Few questions. I had the dr on thurs and had mentioned i had been getting a cramp like ache under my chin, expected him to say itll be the anxiety. He felt my neck and said there was a bit off swelling and had asked if id had a sore throat recently (i have had one coming and going, my own dr said poss hayfever or a viral, mum and wee one have had a throat viral this last week or so) so he checked my throat and said its clear (am i right in thinking it can be clear even with a viral ongoing?) so left with a basis of see how it goes fine great. Walking away (outside) of the drs and he comes after and says did i want a scan, i said well i dont know and he said hed refer me for one, could be goitre (2 other drs have told me its not) or my weight or just the way my neck is. Im now in panic that its something sinister, he never mentioned nodes or anything. Im now para that my neck feels all puffy (dont know if its just my mind though) and have aches in and around my ears throat feels even scratchier. Ive spoken to a friend who says her glands are up when shes tired or stressed (ive been highly stressed recently regarding finances) and that the same dr did same to her and it was nothing. This dr also misdiagnosed my unvles leg that needed a bypass as cramp so he says hell be covering himself to make sure. But i cant shake this. Im really scared about it all. I dont feel any hard lumps or anything just puffiness but again i dont know if i just think i am if that makes sense. My thyroid blood test was fine at the end of feb as was the rest of the fbc. But im still freaking out. Sorry for long rambly post xx
Ps also feeling ache around my collarbone area, im thinking this could be tension though??

Fedup79
12-06-16, 12:21
Anyone?? Still on edge about it all :(

Pigeon
12-06-16, 14:47
Im having neck issues too at the moment in that I have tight throat/neck/chest muscles that often feel like cramp. I think it's postural but no matter what I do I can't get rid of the symptoms. Its been going since last year and is driving me mad.

But from what you've said above I would guess your GP has offered the scan for reassurance due to your HA and previous misdiagnosis

countrygirl
12-06-16, 15:14
On the upside at least if you have an ultrasound scan then this will rule out goitre and lymph nodes as being of concern. Have you scratched your gum at all as this can make the nodes under your chin ache for a few days - I do this often with sharp food for some reason.

I had a very tender area right under my chin for weeks when I touched it but not otherwise and it turned out I was sitting leaning on my finger under my chin:wacko: and when I stopped doing it the sore area got better!

Fedup79
12-06-16, 16:10
Argh had wrote a reply but pressed wrong button!!

I dont know if the other two were wrong or not but im leaning to trust them more as this dr as not heard anybody say a good thing about him. The scan is good cos rules things out but of course im like omg its going to say this that and the next thing. I have been managing to bite my cheeks recently (how i dont know!!) but dont think i have for a week or so. My jaw joint on both sides feels very tender and achey and pops alot just now. I dont know if theres any dental type infection going on. Have dentist on wed so hopefully find out then. Im just so fed up and annoyed with it all now xx